Just quit quietly - the law is on your side!

by Ajax 77 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Agreed navytown!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

interesting post, it'd be mega if this worked!

And welcome azor, takes guts to post the first time, I know the feeling well! Don't worry about bad associations, I'm a jw in good standing, and I gotta say I trust a lot of the people here more than I do some of the people in my own cong!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

First time posting. Does anybody know if this will hold up in court. In other words can this be used to bring a suit against the watchtower?

Anyone can bring a suit against anyone else (in the US).

My attorney charges $360/hour.

Any such civil rights case will take 1000s of billable hours and months and months (if not years) of litigation.

The question is: Can you [afford to] bring suit against the WT??

Doc

Just walk away and live your life.

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

I wouldn't waste a nickel suing for this reason. What the watchtower fears the most is the court of public opinion. Hammer them on child abuse, blood, and other issues. The squeaky clean image is paramount.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I have to admit; there's a certain appeal to the idea of preemptive dissasociation...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Other countries have a better balance of rights.

What does this mean?

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Please provide your feedback to this preemptive approach

My feedback is that mailing a letter to yourself and stuffing it in a drawer is going to have no legal effect whatsoever. Try cancelling your gym membership that way, and see what happens when you complain about continuing to be charged membership fees.

Filing lawsuits over being DF'ed/DA'd under their current standard practices for those scenarios is a waste of time, money and court resources.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I just walked away 30 years ago.

No announcement no dramma.

It worked for me.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Watchtower cult = you can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have met people with absolutely no family "in" who had difficulty with the idea of just walking away. Now that's the power of a cult.

Let them show their true colors and just walk away if your circumstances allows for it. You will not be sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit