Media request to record/broadcast oral argument; from ABC News New York

by Londo111 75 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, recording is one thing; I'm sure the news program crews record lots of things. We'll have to wait (possibly a long time) to see if anything comes of this.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Vidqun

If you follow the different courtcases and the threads of Barbara Anderson, you will be enlightened as to the facts.

These instructions, not to report it to the authorities, have come down from the top, and has been enforced by CO's and elders alike.

You have no idea what you are talking about when you speak of being "enlightened as to the facts”.

Do you feel that the parents that are aware that someone has abused their child should go to the authorities or the elders?

I am not asking you what you say the elders say to do or what you say is said from the top… I am asking you what should the parents do?

I’m guessing you would say they should go to the authorities.

Well, if the parents did go to the authorities then it would not matter one way or the other of what the policies of the WTS are.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Some people does not understand the grade of brainwashing going on in this cult where parents are so brainwashed as to not to protect their own children but a CORPORATION ... my niece who was abused as young as 5 years old told me she never told anyone because no one would believe her and she knew she had to have witnesses ... her dad was an elder so she new the regulations very well but looking at how her dad handled the congregation affairs ...

Please do not feed he indulgence of some people trying to protect taht CORPORATION in disguise ... wants to make me vomit ...

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Johnamos, let's take the Conti case as an example. This wonderful brother offers to take the (9 year old) girl on fieldservice. Those taking the lead in the group, agrees, while knowing this person has molested his daughter. As Conti testified, her parents was undergoing marital difficulties at the time. True, they cannot be excused, but neither should the molester or elders or Branch Office be excused for their role in the matter. And this is what the courtcase is about, about culpability. Could the elders have prevented the situation? I think so.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Vidqun

True, they cannot be excused,

That is what my whole point is about.

Vidqun

but neither should the molester or elders or Branch Office be excused for their role in the matter.

I agree completely.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The bible does say two witnesses at the same time, example one witness sees brother A coming out of a bar drunk one night. Two days later another witness sees brother A coming out of another bar drunk one night. Brother A has a drinking problem. The Borg misapplies the rule.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Stop blaming the parents. By doing so you are becoming part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Those parents have been brainwashed into thinking different than you and I think. Me and my wife agree that in a case like this we would go straight to the police, but I know a whole lot of people, sincere, caring parents, who are convinced that the best course of action is to go to the elders, because the bible says so.. They can't explain where, but they know dead sure the bible says so.

• johnamos
    johnamos

I guess that settles that.

Let’s see if I get it now?

Parents that are brainwashed are not responsible for their child’s well being and therefore not expected to do the right thing in their child’s interest , but elders, etc... that are brainwashed, are responsible and expected to do the right thing in the interest of another persons child as well as their own if it happen to them.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

There's plenty of blame to go around, guys. Why does it all need to be on the elders?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

this is the Conti case originally 28 million dollars. I got this alert from the Appeals court . I'm on the email

list at the court

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit