Media request to record/broadcast oral argument; from ABC News New York

by Londo111 75 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• never a jw
    never a jw

I think Johnamos makes a good case in favor of the Watchtower policies. The two witness rule is in both the Hebrew and Greek scriptures. My counter arguments would be:

the hell with the Bible's and christian religion's special privileges.

The moral values of the 21st century of most western democracies are more just and compassionate than those found in the Bible. I think the cowards are not people like Johamos, but the governments which cower and give too much latitude to religions to commit injustices that are unacceptable to our modern values.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well said never a jw

The moral values of the 21st century of most western democracies are more just and compassionate than those found in the Bible.

I totally agree wholeheartedly ,

smiddy

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

brealfast of champions

My thoughts exactly !!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The more publicity that the terrible JW Org Paedophile Scandal gets, the better.

I would not normally bother much with comments like those of JonAmos, but I presume he is quoting WT/JW reasoning on the validity of the Two Witness Rule.

The scripture he quotes with Jesus words is not relevant, the Mosaic Law was operating on Jesus' Jewish listeners, it did not end until His death.

The Scripture from 2 Cor 13 v1 is not talking about Congregational Procedure at all, it comes within the context of the whole letter, i.e that opponents of Paul had caused a rift between him and the Corinthians, disputing his Apostleship, which he claims is established by "two or three witnesses".

There is nothing in the N.T to justify the terrible Rule that JW's operate by, unless you do the usual thing that JW's do and take the Scriptures out of context, by which method you can prove anything you like.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I'm with you there Phizzy. A literal interpretation of the two-witness rule means all the wrongdoer/criminal has to do is get rid of the witness(es), then his home scot-free. Ah, now we know where the witness protection program comes from.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Who is this clown johnamos????

The parents believe in a false premesis that theit organisation is controlled by God through the hands of 8 men in NY and whatever they say goes...they say report it to the elders and the elders report it to the branch.

IF a dub goes STRAIGHT to the police they are, in effect, going against god who directs them otherwise so how is that the parents fault? You cannot compare your thought process to theirs since they are in and we are not.

Also, don't let your kids be alone with members of your local cong, ever? How is that practical to a jw? So theor kids will never go out on service with someone else or sleep over at a friends house? JW's will not think that way because they believe, in error, that every JW is good.

Your solutions or apportioning the blame are pathetic and clearly you have not had to handle such cases, I have as an ex elder and believe you me I would move heaven and earth to protect a kid or to stop this happening.

The answer is simple, change the WT policy, get the guys charged and locked away and let everyone know in the cong who is child abuser...that will stop it or at least minmize it.

The only thing parents should do is what you said about training them.

But blow me you are one insensitive prick.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

I hope the mainstream media shines a light in the watchtower dark corners. They danced with glee when it was the RC church.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

IT's..the MOST wonderful time of the year!!!

DD

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Excellent.....nothing better in this type of case than the court of public opinion. Watch to ORG make a motion to deny this request and state that they are concerned about the privacy of the victim....watch, just you watch.

• sir82
    sir82

they are concerned about the privacy of the victim

And of course, in the WT's mind, the WTS itself is the "victim" of Satanic persecution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit