Media request to record/broadcast oral argument; from ABC News New York

by Londo111 75 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=1&doc_id=2025979&doc_no=A136641

See last item:

"media request to record/broadcast oral argument; from ABC News New York"

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks for the heads up Londo. The following scripture comes to mind: " For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest, neither anything carefully concealed that will never become known and never come into the open" ( Luk 8:17 NWT). The irony is that the Witnesses believe the Mosaic law was cancelled out when Jesus came, but they stubbornly insist on enforcing the "two-witness rule." It will not go down well with the general populace.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hopefully they have a large expose' on this cult in the pipeline!

• cofty
    cofty

Excellent!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Nice!!!! Imagine if that 60's/70's case about people must believe a lie or get dfed was recorded and very public.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Vidqun said: The irony is that the Witnesses believe the Mosaic law was cancelled out when Jesus came, but they stubbornly insist on enforcing the "two-witness rule."

Deuteronomy 19:15 “No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin, in the case of any sin that he may commit. At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good.

2 Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to YOU. “At the mouth of two witnesses or of three every matter must be established.”

Matthew 18:16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"The irony is that the Witnesses believe the Mosaic law was cancelled out when Jesus came, but they stubbornly insist on enforcing the "two-witness rule." - not only that but the WT always takes scriptures and broadens them out to principles or their own complex interpretations. The GB only care about their OWN image and OWN credibility. THey can't show any scriptures where YHWH wanted to cover up anything bad those he allowed to be in power did, David, Saul, Solomon, etc, he had no problem having dirty laundry aired out.

The two witness rule, if taken on principle, would be applied like this......"in cases such as suspected child abuse, they should be handed over to the authorities who do extensive investigations, examinations, etc, and if there investigation turns of up evidence supporting the claims of the one witness, they count as the 2nd witness" etc.

But they cherry pick what they want to follow and not. They ignore one of the 10 commandments, the sabbath.

• cofty
    cofty

Johnamos - Are you trying to defend the Watchtower policy of refusing to assist a child who has been raped unless there was another witness to the crime?

Why do you think there are so many cases of child abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Good. I hope this ends up all over the place.

• johnamos
    johnamos

cofty

Are you trying to defend the Watchtower policy of refusing to assist a child who has been raped unless there was another witness to the crime?

No, I am not defending the WTS, I am just showing that the “two witnesses rule” still applies even after the “Mosaic law was cancelled”.

cofty

Why do you think there are so many cases of child abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses?

I think that there are many cases of child abuse period, and not just among Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit