What do you want for Christmas?

by Hortensia 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Hortensia - Yes - Ethel M Chocs are made in Vegas. The man that started Ethel M also made the Mars Bar which I read recently somewhere? is the #1 candy bar and we can't figure out if it's even around - crazy. Ethel M was the stepmother and he used her recipes.

Anyway, the candy has a low amt. of wax and is so good. I don't like Godiva and Sees much anymore and so many people that taste it are hooked. The factory is here and open for tours - apparently, they give you lots of samples if you visit. They are located in some of the hotels and malls but pulled out of my favorite mall which drives me insane.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Skeeter's Christmas List:

2 Property Deeds, 1) a cabin in Montana with 20+ acres, and 2) a condo in Islamorada with boat access.

New Ford F150 (with the all aluminum body).

Free Range meat (elk, bison, deer) for a year.

Cruise to Alaska

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's hard to think of things, I have most of what I want in a material way. Socks, I never have enough, too many that went to the land of lost socks. I would like a smart phone, I don't really need one, but it would be nice to have one anyway. Better health if I could really dream. A new area rug would be nice, the old one is too small and its stained.

• LV101
    LV101

Nice list, skeeter1.

XJWs need a retreat to visit and de-stress and eat that free range meat - you should start one.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I want a Shark steam mop. Santa seemed really sympathetic on the subject and with the subject of home appliances in general.

Maybe I should go back and ask for a new refrigerator...

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Sure would like my son to "Wake-Up"....................By the way his Birthday is December 25.

• rebel8
    rebel8

For the new year:

I would like peace in my life. Peace at work from all the drama, stress and bullying.

I would like more free time to meditate, cook, exercise, make friends and make art--and the energy to do it.

I would like to renovate my house. (We're exchanging gifts related to this. Finally. I've been telling mr. rebel8 this is what I want every yr and he always felt like it wasn't a real gift if it was for the house.)

I would like health and happiness for all my loved ones. I would like some of them to visit me.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ah, Rebel, I've just had the remodel (with the exception of the kitchen) and now I'm looking for maintenance tools.

They really are a "real gift" at this point in my life.

(And also world peace...)

• Pete Zahut
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Viviane, what is the difference? I would guess that "Heirloom" means wild stock, and bloodlines, similar to heirloom vegetables. What would 'heritage' be? (T-day is not such a big thing in Canada, so I'm a bit confused by the terms).

I only discovered this existed right after American Thanksgiving. I've called 15 farms in the area (meaning a 2 hour driving radius) and they are all out. The only way I'll get one is if Santa is real and loves me. Otherwise, I will have to reserve one in August for next year. Specifically I want a free range heritage turkey. Everyting I read says they taste amazing, far better than the turkeys in grocery stores, especially if they are free range and brined.

So, what is heritage? I am lazy and cutting and pasting:

First of all, a quick lowdown on what heritage actually means: It does not mean organic, all natural, or free range, though a true heritage bird is probably all of those things. Heritage refers to 10 specific breeds of turkey (if you want to know what they are, click here). These breeds were raised in the U.S. prior to the 1950s, when the poultry industry began to genetically engineer (through cross breeding) the commodity, broad-breasted white turkeys most people eat today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit