What do you want for Christmas?

by Hortensia 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's OK to share your xmas wishes here -- none of us is going to buy you anything, anyway!

I have a list of books on my wishlist at Amazon, some about critical thinking, some about knitting, some about Yurok Indian basketry. I wouldn't mind getting any of those. I would be ecstatic to get a gift certificate for some yummy kind of yarn! Or a Cricket loom!

Actually my friends and I don't exchange gifts, other than some homemade stollen or fruit cake. After all, we can buy ourselves anything we really want, anyway, so gift giving is moot. And most of us have too much stuff anyway.

I do like giving treasure bags to little kids -- a very fancy little drawstring bag, maybe velvet with gold strings, and I put dollar coins in them and some xmas candy. Kids are just like anyone else, they like to get money as a present. I ask for dollar coins when I go to the bank all year long so I build up a little stash. But, this year, I'm not around any little kids.

• clarity
    clarity

What do I want?

I would like the watchtower organization

to be exposed so thoroughly that they

slink away in shame!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You don't get the concept of fluff, do you? I'm the queen of fluff. This is a fluff thread! If you're hurting, dear, and you may well be, know that all of us agree with you. But sometimes we have to have a light moment or two.

• talesin
    talesin

My friends and I do home made too, but if I had a list (are you listening, Santa? :P) ..

Books: A complete set of MZB Darkover series.

Mary Stewart's Merlin/Arthur series.

Compleat Byron and EBB.

A full length, hooded, shearling coat, for warmth and forever.

A big hunk of special cheese, and to-die-for chocolate to match.

I'm just s simple gurl.

• LV101
    LV101

Same as clarity -- the downfall of the Watchtower along with a miracle that those inside would not flip out. I don't get hopeful anymore when I read articles of their possible demise but it would be too wonderful.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I want a 59 or above on my last final on Tuesday morning.

• LV101
    LV101

Oh, sorry about my 'want' not being fluff - I just fell for fantasy and read your post too late.

For one thing, I'd like a mammoth box of Ethel M chocolates (locally made).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I want $2 Million for every person alive who was ever baptized as a Jehovah's Witness from Watchtower organization, and $1 Million for everyone who grew up negatively affected by Watchtower and $0.5 Million for every non-JW spouse and family member who had to suffer somehow because of their loved one's involvement.

Then I want to see a 50-foot Christmas tree made entirely of Watchtower magazines and the lights are generated by a Governing Body member on a stationary bicycle, and they all have to take their turn and never let the lights go out, day or night until New Year's Day.

And everyone buying a lottery ticket for each other as their gift.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

OTWO wins this thread.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

What do I want?

I would like the watchtower organization

to be exposed so thoroughly that they

slink away in shame!

Hear, hear............................That would be the greatest gift. Why is it so difficult????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit