8 Year Old Getting Baptized!

by Atlantis 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

She is in the Philippines... the majority of the people are religious very much so.... The JWs there ironically belive in a 'paradie gospel' so she will continue to belive this until she dies or the JWs crash...

• besty
  • factfinder
    factfinder

So is she a minister?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Unless there's some finer point that the Society puts on the word "minister", any kid is a minister if they are even an unbaptized publisher.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

There are children her age that still believe in Santa clause. Shouldn't the WTS BS at least be consistent. They talk about so many reasons why they would not be ready for marriage. Yet this is a lifetime commitment that is supposed to be so much more important than marriage.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

She looks so young and small, not much older than my son. My son talks constantly about the meaning of life, where life began, religion, yet I couldn't imagine thinking he was ready to commit himself to a particular belief for the rest of his life.

My wife is a Filipina and her family are JW's, Catholic, Inglesi de Christo, and Mormon; and my wife I think believes in God but not religion. One JW changed to Mormon. They really love their high control religious groups.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It's a travesty. If it were simply a harmless profession of faith it wouldn't be so bad, but for the baptism to be used against the children later in life(the threat of disfellowshipping) is just plain wrong. No country in the world would hold a minor accountable like that.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ugh. So it continues.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Not old enough to stay up past 9pm

Not old enough to choose her own dinner

Not old enough to watch many movies and TV shows

Not old enough to walk across a busy road on her own

Not old enough to vote

Not old enough to buy a lottery ticket or gamble

Not old enough to buy or sell property

Not old enough to drink alcohol

Not old enough to date a boy

Not old enough to get a job

Not old enough to drive a car

Not old enough to leave schooling

Not old enough to see a doctor on her own

Not old enough to travel on a plane on her own (unless special circumstances)

ETC...

Shall I go on?

Oh, but old enough to somehow be "mature enough" to commit to a religion? Hmmm..

And they say they DONT brainwash? hmmm....

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

stuckinarut2, AMEN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit