8 Year Old Getting Baptized!

by Atlantis 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm going to give you of a case I know of. Young teenage girl. Real scatter brain, and got baptized at 16. Couple weeks later saw her in town dressed all goth like hand in hand with this none JDub guy. I just thought to myself "you silly silly girl", and get this her mother done exactly the same thing when she was a teenager as well. To my knowledge this young girl hasn't been disfellowshiped yet, but to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if she did. I think the mother and the elders need a massive drop kick for allowing this emotionally / hormonal vulnerable girl to do something that she clearly wasn't ready for.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I completely agree with Morpheus.

In Christendom, there are no real social consequences egged on by the religious institutions.

This child is making a commitment to fracturing her family should she or they choose to walk another path.

In the interest of full disclosure, the baptismal vow SHOULD read, "We don't really have a clear understanding of what the H×%_! € God is telling us, but do you agree to forsake all family members who disagree with us anyways?"

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

It's sad that her parents do not realize the control they are under in allowing and even blessing this tragic event.

This little girl's mind is yet to be fully developed yet Jehovah is allowing her to dedicate her life to him?

Jesus was baptized until he was 30!!

30!!! The WTS is certainly hitting new lows.

The mindless saps will probably shed a tear or two when they announce her age.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

My sister-in-law owns a home in Cebu. I will sometimes stay there for vacation. There are several religious orders that go there to round up members. It is not unusual to see such things but I have feeling membership is fickle there. I would imagine the retention of the youth there must be worst than the USA.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Atlantis, could you share the link to this website please?

• Magnum
    Magnum

So wrong. I was baptized as an educated, somewhat experienced adult, and I now realize that there were a lot of things I didn't know and understand at the time. I knew very little about the Bible, the history of religion, the history of JWs, etc.

How, possibly, could this little girl be experienced and knowledgeable enough to take this step? How, possibly, in the few years she's been able to read and speak and comprehend could she have acquired enough knowledge, experience, reasoning ability, discernment, etc. to enable her to make such a life-altering decision? What does she know about other religions? How does she know for sure she has the right one? Can she explain the JW blood doctrine? Can she defend it? Does she have a clue as to what blood fractions are?

She probably was born into a JW family and that's why she's a JW. If her parents were Hindus, she'd be a Hindu. She's simply been indoctrinated. Did she explore other religions before getting baptized as a JW? Of course not; she wasn't allowed to.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I was baptized at age 9. Looking back I did it because it pleased my parents and believed ( becasue of what I was told) it made J-Dog happy. I had no idea of the implications. I would have probably been a Nazi if it made God and my parents happy, as most kids would. This is why I feel forcing your views on your child is very very wrong. Its is best to encourage your child to come to a decision on the issues and choices presented on their own. They may choose to believe something you do not agree with but, as long as it is not overly wrong like racism or unhealthy, then so be it.

I am atheist but if my child chose to believe in a God then I would not stop them. I also wont shove atheism down their throats. I will simply explain why I feel the way I do, present the facts and encourage them to investigate my points and points from all faiths.

This is completely opposite from what the Org and my parents did. I had only one option: Listen,Obey or get spanked

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Nicolaou:

Atlantis, could you share the link to this website please?

Sure: http://www.jw-archive.org/page/3#sthash.8SHb8WMc.dpbs ;

They also have a wiki website. You may need to copy and paste.

Atlantis!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good for her! Now if she mentally remained as gullible and easily swayed as an 8 yers old then her time with the OG will be well spent. I believe, however, that when she hits about 14-16 she will begin to see the hypocrisy of her parents and the bros and sis and will begin to rebel not recognizing that the decision that she made as a CHILD will have persistent and endless repercussions!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Disaster for this poor 8 yr old! Thanks for

posting this .... good to have proof of what

they are doing. One the things I was told

when I was suckered into this cult, was that

they did not baptize children!!!! Liars!

Amazing that out of approx 28 posters on

this thread ....

there are 6 newbies who have joined us!

Any chance you were baptized as a child too?

Huge welcome to all of you.....

Toesup

Ivanathon

Hidden-Window

Coalize

Morpheus

Tenacious

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit