Leave it in Jehovah's Hands - Your thoughts?

by berrygerry 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If the WTS believed that they wouldn't need the bank of lawyers they have.

BLONDIE already summed up my sentiments exactly.

If you're the victim, Wait on Jehovah, i.e. Do nothing and shut up.

If you're us, use all the legal firepower at your disposal to fight it.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ TTWSYF: "Anddontcallmeshirley- a little harsh...just saying"

Not harsh at all, TT. I find the fundamentalist, self-aggrandizing 'look at me, I'm so special, god does favors for me' rhetoric nauseating at best. Please don't confuse stating an obvious fact with "harsh".

@ TTWSYF: I agree with his post.

That's too bad. I feel sorry for you.

"The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not." --C.S. Lewis

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Leave it in Jehovah's Hands

Is that the same as: "Waiting On Jehovah"?

If so, then I think it's a grand idea! In fact, it's what I have told "friends", family, visiting Elders, etc when asked about our "inactivity". With all the problems we've witnessed in the cult Organization, we're just "waiting on Jehovah" to fix it.

Yep, we're gonna "leave it in Jehovah's Hands"!

That works too!

Doc

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Waiting on Jehovah" = Nothing Gets Done + People Get Hurt

This philosophy of the Watchtower's creates what I call 'do nothing people'. It is in direct contrast to "Be Proactive", the 1st Habit from Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

And yep, I would have to say, JWs aren't very effective. 'Nuff said.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Prayer: the alternative to actually doing something.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Doc,

Leave it in Jehovah's Hands

Is that the same as: "Waiting On Jehovah"?

That thought has long bothered me even though I have said it many times myself. I spent 20 years as an elder (off and on) but after the 1995 "generation" change, forced by the expiration date of the 80 year generation, I began to have very serious doubts, not just the normal jw doubts that all jw's have. I began to question just about everything and especially the many changes regarding 'blood fractions', more 'generation' changes, FDS is now the GB, etc. I was suffering from advanced cognitive dissonance and basically quit attending meetings and no FS at all.

My 'drifting away' triggered a visit from a couple of brothers (friends of mine). After their usual "we miss you" and "what's wrong" stuff, I explained how I felt and the doubts I had. Of course, their reply was "Wait on Jehovah!" .

"Ok" I answered. Then I asked them, "Does waiting on Jehovah apply to all JW's or just the rank and file witnesses?" Again the standard answer from the elders was that, "Waiting on Jehovah" applies to all witnesses.

My reply was, "Then why doesn't the GB "Wait on Jehovah" to provide the correct understanding of bible teachings beforethey publish them in the WT literature and then have the rank and file go out and teach others things that are wrong?"

That was the last I have heard from them althoug I occasionally atteng a meeting to 'keep up appearances' for my wife. Happy to say that see is now beginning to wake up also.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Perry
    Perry

I spent 20 years as an elder (off and on) but after the 1995 "generation" change, forced by the expiration date of the 80 year generation, I began to have very serious doubts, not just the normal jw doubts that all jw's have. I began to question just about everything and especially the many changes regarding 'blood fractions', more 'generation' changes, FDS is now the GB, etc. I was suffering from advanced cognitive dissonance and basically quit attending meetings and no FS at all.

Hi EU2BD,

That November 1995 issue of the WT is what did it for me too. I suffered a lot as a 12 & 13 year old when the end didn't come in '75. It took until I was 23 to trust again. Then at age 32 that generation article came out and so did my anger at the WT for presuming to speak in the name of God so presumptously. I immediatley rented my house out and moved off to get a university education. It was about another 8 years before I could trust God. When I finally did, I realized that really trusting God, apart from religion was totally foreign to me as a being, not just as an x-jw.

This realization came as quite a surprise because I was totally committed to "doing good" according to the watchtower for 8 years. Even though I had left the WT, I was still proud of what I thought was belief in God during my years of whloehearted service. Through a re-reading of the bible, I slowly came to realize that my WT experience was just another of my many rebellions against God and the gifts he had been trying to give me for a long time.

God is good.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Is God so inept that he needs people to remind him to be nice and actually do something?!? Or is he so needy that you must show faith before he does anything nice for you? Is he so egotistical that you must get on your knees, aknowledge his great power and beg for help before he grants a favor?!?

If a politician promises something and consistently doesnt deliver they suffer consequences, mainly they are voted out. They usually are not excused by the public saying "Well, it must have been the president's will".

Why does GOD get a pass? Why does GOD deserve any glory when all along it was YOU who either made things work or it worked by coincidence and same if it didnt?

Material possesions like a profitable business, a house and so on does not equal GOD'S blessing just like being unhappy joyless and poor doesnt equal GOD'S displeasure. It's called LIFE. You deal with the highs and lows. Stuff falls on your lap sometimes just as stuff falls out of it.

Waiting on God, Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, Krishna and whoever is a lazy way to deal with problems. In reality, its just something to fall back on in case things do not turn out the way you want.

Nothing feels better than blaming shit on other people and that is exactly what "Well, it must have been God's will" is. "I'm waiting on the Lord, Its up to God, I'm putting my trust in Jesus" these phrases are just a set up, a preparation in case what you want doesnt happen.

OWN UP TO YOUR LIFE, THE GOOD AND THE BAD!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Writting down this for my argument... lol. Nicely done.

Waiting on Jehovah or Jehovah knows when or best, is very much the same thing they point fingers at to other religions. When confronted (in field service) with people who have lost a loved one or are undergoing a bad family situation or sickness and their priest have told them that God has wanted it this way or that God knows why he lets this happen, we continuosly tell people that it is wrong for them to portrait God as such an unloving God. Apparently when God forgets to remove an elder who is abusing children, it is ok for us to think that Jehovah knows best.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Perry: After making peace with God....I have a wonderful family, a very profitable business and much more joy and peace in my life.

I wonder what a theist's explanation is when an atheist has all these things too???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit