Leave it in Jehovah's Hands - Your thoughts?

by berrygerry 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Based on what the scriptures tell us -

Luke 4:6 - "and the Devil said to him: "I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it."

John 12:31 - "Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out."

John 14:30 - "I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the worldis coming. And he has no hold on me, "

John 16:11 - "then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

2 Corinthians 4:4 - "among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through."

Ephesians 2:2 - "in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience."

Ephesians 6:12 - "because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulersof this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places."

1 John 5:19 - "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one."

Revelation 12:9 - "So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him" - there is one ruler of the world at present.

1) Jesus did not not form a coalition government with Satan in 1914.

2) If Jesus has been ruling the earth since 1914, his rulership has achieved none of the Bible promises.

3) Satan has justification in claiming that God has created a 'rigged game' when he rewards Witnesses' chickens with better reproductive powers and greater immunity to disease - only when the Witnesses attend a District Convention! ( yb13 p. 138 Myanmar (Burma) Not Forsaking Christian Gatherings - “We wanted to attend the district convention in Tahan, a two-day journey away by boat and truck,” he explains. “But no one would watch over our chickens while we were away. Still, we put our trust in Jehovah and attended the convention. Returning home, we found that we had lost 19 chickens, Yet, one year later, our small flock had increased to more than 60 chickens. And while many villagers lost their chickens to disease that year, none of our chickens died.”

All Christians need to base their reasonings regarding wealth & health on rationality and scriptural evidence, not on a misguided feeling of being selected by God for preferential treatment. It makes a mockery of his love and justice.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This is a cliche phrase that Witnesses have over-used.

What it is is a thought-stopper designed to keep people from doing anything to remedy a bad situation. In many cases, the situation could be corrected. Unfortunately, many JWs are afraid of their shadow and will not act. I always felt there was a passive or cowardly attitude among JWs who were all "waiting on Jehovah" to fix things that people are perfectly capable of fixing!

• Been_There_Done_That
    Been_There_Done_That

Marking, I have appreciated all your comments.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Satan has justification in claiming that God has created a 'rigged game' when he rewards Witnesses' chickens with better reproductive powers and greater immunity to disease - only when the Witnesses attend a District Convention! ( yb13 p. 138 Myanmar (Burma) Not Forsaking Christian Gatherings - “We wanted to attend the district convention in Tahan, a two-day journey away by boat and truck,” he explains. “But no one would watch over our chickens while we were away. Still, we put our trust in Jehovah and attended the convention. Returning home, we found that we had lost 19 chickens, Yet, one year later, our small flock had increased to more than 60 chickens. And while many villagers lost their chickens to disease that year, none of our chickens died.”

I mentally wrestled for decades with the inherent contradiction of "the moral of the story" in the story of Job and the weekly teaching of Matt. 6:33, and exhausted weeks of research without ever receiving any kind of reasonable answer.

Job was tested with the loss of everything, including his children, because of his unwavering devotion to God. This was an answer to Satan. (Besides the obvious that once one person has remained faithful, and provided an answer to Satan, then why must this charade continue? - it's been answered.)

So, does not Jesus contradict Job, by saying that God WILL PROVIDE if you put him first.

Which is it?

God will provide if you serve him.

Or. God will allow Satan to take away EVERYTHING, including your children, if you serve him.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's an excuse, to make you feel better for failing to do the right thing.

Wouldn't it be funny if you tried to use that excuse for everything?

"Sister weak, where is your field service report?"

"I didn't have time to do that and my housework so I 'left it in in Jehovah's hands'™ . No maid showed up, so no hours to report"

"Sister weak, why did you miss the meeting"

"Well the car was out of gas. I 'left it in Jehovah's hands'™, but he didn't fill up the tank, so what could I do?"

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

"Well the car was out of gas. I 'left it in Jehovah's hands'™, but he didn't fill up the tank, so what could I do?"

James 1:27

Hey, that's up to God, not us.

Can you not read between the lines?

Silly widows.

Love your post, Lisa.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It basically means,

We aren't going to do anything to help you and we don't want you to do anything to help yourself. So just sit and stew and blame God for nothing getting better.

• Ajax
    Ajax

911 What is your emergency?

Yes..are you still at this location?.. yes...yes

yes...yes i understand...how many others are hurt?...yes..oh

is she still breathing?... ah...but....is anyone still submerged?....yes .......yes

but the fire is out now? ...yes.... that ok, just stay on the line......

no...no police... no there won't be para-medics coming.......yes you heard correctly..

no..no fire department .....no .........no...

...we....we're leaving this in Jehovahs hands... Jehovah....yes thats right..yes, god...

..you see god is... hello ... hello are you still there.. this is 911..do you hear me?...

• flipper
    flipper

Great thread. My older JW dad has used this excuse or statement for YEARS. It's what deludes him into staying in the JW cult. When I asked him once about how he feels about the injustices committed by elders he just told me, " Well I've seen plenty of elders in my time not follow the organizations guidelines - but- they'll have to answer to Jehovah for their ways. I LEAVE IT IN JEHOVAH"S HANDS and just make sure I'm doing right. " I told him that Jehovah hasn't corrected any of the unjust elders that I saw committing injustices when I was a JW- he just grunts and stares a blank stare at me like " oh well " . Drives me nuts. He has not one neurotransmitter left in his brain at all I swear- they've been singed and all scorched and burned by WT propaganda and control for over 60 years. Very sad

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It doesn't sound to me like your dad is incapable of thinking, flipper. Just that he's closed his mind a long time ago to considering the possibility that it's not God's organization. I'm sure this is due to pride or simply fear of what it would mean if they didn't have the truth. His statement about leaving things in Jehovah's hands is just his way of saying that he doesn't really care enough about those issues to rock his own boat by getting involved in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit