Another subliminal picture in the WT!!!!

by DATA-DOG 103 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you are embarassed then you know what to do. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Subliminal images are real. They are used in advertising as means to affect the consumer. If you don't believe that, then you live in a fantasy. I'm not saying the WTBTS is trying to "program" people with images of a hidden nature. The WTBTS programs people with fear and guilt, with a healthy dose of picturesque advertisements. Just look at JW.Org, EVERY picture is staged/fake.

Someone in the Art department is sneaking in hidden images. They don't come about by chance. Sorry that some can't see it, or feel "embarrassed" to on this forum. Pardon the F*** out of me.

DD

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Freaky faces in Adam's pants!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Somewhat removed from the information and thought control of my faith of 50 years, I allow myself to read and explore what once not permitted me.

Over the years, numerous threads on the subject of WT imagery have been posted and debated -- often vociferously -- from all angles. My studies specific to this phenomenon, coupled with my background as an artist, have convinced me that the insertion of hidden images is of relatively recent origin. When I worked on ceratin art-related projects at Bethel in the '70s, nothing jumped out at me as peculiar.

What we on this board have been doing is speculating as to what, truly, is going on. I have yet to receive any "insider' information. Personally, I feel no need to crusade against one more thing that is wrong with the religion that once was dear to my heart. Debate is good -- something we weren't allowed within the congregation. Nevertheless, on this forum are persons knowledgeable in a variety of fields. When I have trouble with my computer, I trust that those who reply to my queries know what they're talking about. I respect OrphanCrow's knowledge of art as to what is obvious and what is, perhaps, hidden below the surface. That doesn't mean any of us need be in concert on every detail, particularly insofar as to what is the so-called hidden agenda.

There are conspiracy theories and there are conspiracy facts. I'm still endeavoring to sift through it . . . In the meantime, I've got a very important life to lead outside the strictures of Watch Tower fantasy that poses as truth. I have no need to go nuts over anything anymore.

Best regards.

CC

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Magnum I've sent you a pm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If you can see it, it isn't subliminal. It's just an easter egg.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Easter egg may be a better term.

This was the original box art for The Little Mermaid on VHS. It was later changed. The quality of the picture isnt great, its actually more obvious on the original VHS box. These pictures must either be added intentionally, or the artist has some serious issues.

Remember the big black weiner on the song book? Yeah, that one. Why change the picture if nothing was there?

DD

• Emery
    Emery

C'mon guys, this subliminal image stuff is seriously silly. It's a freaking picture that no one really cares about once they turn over to the next page. Everything shown is left up to interpretation anyway, I see it for what it is, an illustration, that's it. Even if it was subliminal what does it matter? Big deal, its a goat head or a penis, don't give the artist the 15 mins of fame they want.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think its interesting. I can't say WHY it's being done, but it's interesting nonetheless.

DD

• talesin
    talesin

Agreed, DD.

It's unfortunate that you can't bring up something that is interesting to YOU, without having a whole lot of cult buttons being pushed in others.

This subliminal thing has been the topic of discussion on variious occasions. It's a FACT that advertisers use this technique (in the US, it is 'illegal' to use in commercial advertising).

As far as people go, we run the gamut here on JWN. As exJWs, we have a lot of people who are overly skeptical of EVERYTHING (and rightly so). Try not to feel too disrespected. lol, some people here still believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. It's the pendulum swing - believe NOTHING unless it is proven to the nth degree, and you can't blame exJWs for feeling that way.

xx

tal

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't care for unsupported assertions that make the community look bad. Assertions such as the old "subliminal advertising" urban legend. Subliminal images in advertising have hardly ever been used, and they're hardly effective in tests.

When you look objectively at this situation and realize that none of you are seeing the same image, but you all are seeing nefarious things, you have an opportunity to step outside yourselves and learn something about the way the mind works. You've already been given the link to the Pareidolia article to learn about this trick that the brain plays on us.

The black man's arm that accidentally looked phallic also looked a lot like an arm, as it so happens. He was either replaced because the JW used as a model was DFed or because people kept saying his arm looked like a penis. That doesn't mean it was intentional. Do you really think the brother who painted that was willing to risk his livelihood at Bethel to sneak a massive phallus into his work? Think logically. The average age of the painters is probably 50 or older, last time I was there.

You know, the Art department is not a mysterious place full of shadowy figures. It's all laid out in the open, with small offices for each painter. The brothers are assigned a subject and they start off painting it the way they like. Then they receive notes from a supervisor who is humorless and orthodox and who may tell them to adjust some parts for doctrinal or prudish reasons. No one is telling them "Hide a goat face here". The idea is laughable.

This is a well-known reaction that occurs when people are resentful of those in power and make bad-faith assumptions. People who have worked in government know how unlikely most government conspiracy theories are. The biggest adherents to those theories are the people who are furthest from the center of power and know the least about the subject. The same thing is occurring here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit