Another subliminal picture in the WT!!!!

by DATA-DOG 103 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Emery: Now if we can find a seductively hot naked lady hidden in the background of a WT publication, then...maybe I would be a bit more interested

OK, here she is and she's not even hidden!

For those that don't know, the picture of the young woman on page 93 of the Live Forever book is a German actress turned poet named Pascale Petit.

The picture is clearly plagiarized from Stern magazine, 13th August, 1961 edition.

Here are more images on this issue.

I suppose the Watchtower publishers never imagined anyone would notice. Stupid!

Live Forever

Stern magazine

-

Not exactly subliminal, I know, but it does show that the WT writers/artists are not exactly the most honest and trustworthy sort. There are many examples of this kind of thing in WT literature.

You can see more examples of the Watchtower deceptive copying from other sources on JWFACTS.COM website

-

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

It's a nice-sounding theory, but you forgot to include any citations to, you know, anything scientific.

I don't have to include citations to, you know, anything scientific. What I wrote about is common knowledge within the body of scientific literature exploring the perceptual processing of our brains. I will not do your work in examining this huge body of scientific research for you. I have already educated myself in this area.

Left brain and right brain functioning is backed up by a preponerance amount of scientific literature. Do a google search. You are still operating with less than an undergraduate level of knowledge.

• Emery
    Emery

Oubliette, full frontal nudity is sorely lacking in this reference.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

full frontal nudity is sorely lacking in this reference.

psssssttt....go back to the original image posted in this thread and

Turn the image upside down and zoom into Cain's chest.

• mana11
    mana11

hard to see it? only if you choose not to

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

It's a nice-sounding theory, but you forgot to include any citations to, you know, anything scientific.

After some thought about your above statement, Apo, I decided that it would be a good idea to add something publicly, seeing as you are the one who brought up the issue of citations.

If you, or anyone else who reads the posts that I contributed to on this thread, and feels so inclined to quote me, please pm me for permission and for the proper reference information required for academic citations. I will give you all the letters and such you need to include behind my name for it to pass publication requirements. Thank you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In a response to Apognophos, JWN Poster, OrphanCrow, wrote, "If you, or anyone else who reads the posts that I contributed to on this thread, and feels [sic] so inclined to quote me, please pm me for permission and for the proper reference information required for academic citations. (Crow, 2014, p. 5) .

This is not entirely true. Under well established "Fair Use" guidelines in US copyright law, one does not ordinarily need permission to quote as long as their quote is properly quoted and cited (Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D.) International copyright laws are similar in the application of this legal principal.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Works Cited:

Crow, O. (2014, 11 26). Another subliminal picture in the wt!!!! [Web log message]. Retrieved from http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/288733/5/Another-subliminal-picture-in-the-WT

Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D., K. (n.d.). Do i need permission to cite that? the fair-use rule in u.s. copyright law. Retrieved from http://www.clinicallactation.org/content/do-i-need-permission-cite-fair-use-rule-us-copyright-law

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Alright, I'm crazy and see a goat where there isn't one. Now what?!?! Are you saying that hidden images do not exist in advertising? Do you really believe those types of pictures do not exist? What kind of proof do you want?

Come on, I am not responsible for this stuff. Unless you believe that I single handedly designed all these images and posted them to the web.

* Or this one. This pictue used to show the wife dressed in a provacative manner. I think the whole point of the lesson was about mates keeping the romance alive. The WTBTS changed it to this picture. Notice the really out of place goat or sheep carving. Yeah, all black people decorate like that.. I suppose I made that up too.

* ORIGINAL, WTF happened to that Goat?? That's right, I made that up for attention or because somethings wrong with my brain..

DD

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

This is not entirely true. Under well established "Fair Use" guidelines in US copyright law, one does not ordinarily need permission to quote as long as their quote is properly quoted and cited (Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D.) International copyright laws are similar in the application of this legal principal.

- - - - - - - - - - -

True. Under law.

But I was speaking of academic requirements for publication and accepted forms for academic citation.

"Crow" with a wesite address won't cut it if it is for a paper presented in Art History to a recognized university, for example. The requirements for presenting academic and professional references, etc. as a source, to established institutions of learning, do require my full credentials. If that institution has good standards, that is.

Very few qualified advisors in the field that we are discussing would accept the way that I am cited in your post based upon the legal terms of copyright. Getting correct reference credentials satisfies the credibility standards of institutional learning.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DD: Alright, I'm crazy and see a goat where there isn't one.

You may be crazy, I don't know. But seeing things that aren't there is in fact a very human thing. It is not necessarily an indicator of mental illness. It's just being human.

DD: Are you saying that hidden images do not exist in advertising?

To whom are you intending this question. You didn't specify.

I certainly never said that, nor did I imply it, not even subliminally.

DD: Do you really believe those types of pictures do not exist? What kind of proof do you want?

Personally, I do believe adverstisers and other unscrupulous people use and have used subliminal messages. It would actually be surprising for them to NOT take advantage of what is known about human psychology in order to manipulate people, particularly for a profit motive.

But the fact that others have done this, or even that the WTBTS has done this, in the past, does not prove that the goathead you see in this picture was placed their intentionally.

The very notion of "subliminal" is tricky. If it's too obvious, then in fails; if it's too subtle, then the effect is lost. Either way, it would have to be intentionally placed. You can't know that, so by definition your OP is mere conjecture.

I have to agree with Apognophos on this one. The fact that many of us did not see what you did, and then when you said you saw a "goat," yet others saw even that differently, tends to suggest that this is not in fact an example of a deliberately placed subliminal message.

I think a very important lesson that all of us that were "captives of the concept" of JW indoctrination have to learn is this: Differentiate between what we can know and what we think we know. Also, learn to distinguish between what a thing is and what we think it means.

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit