TYRED OF SPELING ERURS? SIK OF BAD GRAMMUR?

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Do keep in mind I am suggesting GRAMMARLY app to make this task much, much easier!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

"I have reached breaking point" - he snapped.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Once again you make a good punt.

• prologos
    prologos

Writing in less than perfect English can add flavour to the conversation.

I can clearly hear a Russian, Slavic accent of the posters that write without the articles "The, These", the germans with their strung - together words.

many of the spelling/grammar features do not work, do not work on the title only. it is a great place to learn, even how much writing skills one has to learn still.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Although new here, Terry makes a valid point.

While I don't see a problem with minor misspellings that do not detract or adversely affect the substance of the discussion, more in-depth and considerably long comments do merit careful attention to spelling.

As a community we have to remember that there are members that are still trying to adjust to life outside of the JW mindset. Then we have those that are perusing the subjects trying to disprove the JW detractors or apostates. The point is that there are visitors to this site that are still quite sensitive to discussions regarding their faith in the organization and could potentially be deciding whether to leave, stay, or completely reject some arguments presented in these forums.

It is a great disservice to the innocently trapped to post comments with little regard to them on such important and sensitive subjects.

Nobody not even Terry can realistically expect everyone to hop on board and start being scholarly in their comments but just a tad bit of sincere consideration can go a long ways to making those on the fringe see the reality of the organization.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

As a fellow lover of the English language and all its quirks, I thought you would get a kick out of this, Terry.

• talesin
    talesin

I feel so justified, because I am a good speller!

Who are these filthy infidels who cannot tell the difference between yours and your's?

They should be shot on sight!

IOW

Get over yourself. There are much bigger issues to discuss; this is "make my ego bigger" fluff.

t

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Can somebody explain what the above poem (or whatever it is) is about please

• talesin
    talesin

Shirley,,,,,,,,,,,, exactly. xx

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's pointing out the inconsistency of English spelling vs. pronunciation. Gallagher actually has a bit on this that I really enjoyed as a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit