TYRED OF SPELING ERURS? SIK OF BAD GRAMMUR?

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have just registered for this - Gramarly does not seem to correct my spelling here on J W N . I found some issues :

I cut and pasted the line of text onto the Grammarly site which I had to have running on a seperate tab. It said the line was too short and wanted at least a paragraph, so, for demo purposes I put in some other text.

Press the checking button and wait a few seconds.......zzzzzz

It came back reporting that there were many issues but it would not tell me what was wrong unless I upgraded my account. Then, guess what? It wanted MONEY.. for a premium a/c

so I deleted it again.

PS Excuse the typos....

• Terry
    Terry

BLUES BROTHER, when I begin making a post, such as this one, I don't have to do anything other than post. A little green circle rests at the bottom

right-hand side of the page.

When I just wrote right-hand, for example, a red line appeared under the words I wrote (__right hand___) I hovered my mouse over the words

and a bubble appeared which showed me I needed a hyphen (right-hand).

When I finish my post I touch my cursor to the green circle. If any changes are needed, the number of changes

will be shown, as well as the suggested remedy.

The FREE APP is all I have. I didn't subscribe or pay money, nor did I fill anything out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSHglMQ5ofc

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/grammarly-spell-checker-g/kbfnbcaeplbcioakkpcpgfkobkghlhen?hl=en

• compound complex
    compound complex

From Hortensia's thread, Terry:

Superstitious people, Astrology buffs, food faddists, sports junkies--i.e. any kind of fanatics make life impossible (for me).

Those who make life impossible for me: superstitious people; astrology buffs; food faddists; sports junkies (i.e., any kind of fanatic).

I am not a fanatic . . .

CoCo

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Terry, for the Thread, and for your tip about "Grammarly" which I am now using to good effect.

This will save me no end of time, as I am not brilliant at spotting my "erurs" , and have to proofread and correct more than once quite often.

Yoom be wun good gi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit