About Daniel Fitzwater-Exposed on Dateline

by LFitzwater 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey, Never: Welcome aboard! We are a fun, and sometimes weird group, but we mean well.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• waiting
    waiting

First of all.........HELLO TO ALL THE NEW POSTERS! Even if you don't agree with us. Very few people agree with me - that's what keeps me goin' sometimes....ask my husband. WELCOME!

Quote: While Dan was still an elder, and unsuspecting family moved to Yerington. They left their 8 year old daughter in Dan's wife's care while they went on a hunting trip. After all they could trust the congergation overseer and his wife! His wife delivered this 8 year old to Dan and left the house. He abused her. She kept silent for 2 years, until she attempted suicide and the truth came out.

I am soooooooo sorry for that family - that's how a ministerial servant got hold of MY daughter. We moved into the congregation, some people were racist (midwest in 70's), and I thought they made snide remarks about "not trusting that man" because of race. Lol, they were talking about he "wasn't quite right." His own daughter decade later wrote letter to cong. about being raped for years.

BOE never even spoke to him about it. They called Society as to what to do - and the Society obviously said "nothing." Just like the phone call to the Society on the Dateline show last night.

Quote: Even with 4 witnesses they would not DF Dan. They said that they had to have 2 witnesses to EACH INDIVIDUAL INCIDENT! The victims had the same story and were (approx) ages 31, 20, and 10. Not three disident friends conspiring against him.

There just is no excuse for that coverup. No excuse!

Quote: Dan Fitzwater still sits in prison. He will be realeased in 2 years. He is still a JW in good standing. He preaches in prison. Makes me sick. The WTS gave over evidence in the trial in the form of a letter by a circuit overseer to the WTS against Dan that mentioned that Dan had 17 victims. The DA knew of 4. Everyone I know knew of only 4. The WTS had info that there were 17. What we have derived from that is that these were members of the congergations Dan was in that went to the elders. None of these were acted upon.

So the WTBTS sat back and just read continuing accounts of young girls being raped and molested and just did nothing. They knew he was changing states - they knew what he was doing - and they just watched. Rather portrays them as sexual deviants, don't you think?

Thank you so much for sharing. I saw the show last night - and had never heard of this man. Because of you - a lot of us (and lurkers) are learning.

waiting

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Dear Laurie,
    It is always painful for me when I hear of child abuse, especially sexual. My Elder father molested me from the time I was 13 until I left home the day after I graduated from high school. I cannot say what the Elders (servants) would have done because I did not tell anyone. However, my feeling was at the time that no one would believe me. My father was well-liked. He covered up his activities well. I know that my sister and niece were also molested and probably more. My mom told my niece before she died that she knew that he had had sexual relations with sisters in the congregation. I am believing that this Dateline expose will help to bring all this hidden sin out in the open so it can be dealt with. The enemy would like it to remain covered up. I believe that there are a lot of Elders who are apalled by this. My husband was an Elder for 37 years and I know that if a thing like this had been reported to him, he would have done something. I believe there are a lot of Elders like this. My husband and I were JW for almost 50 years. We left in 1983 and were disfellowshipped as apostates on Christmas Eve. I do not regret having been a Witness. There were lots of positive things that happened there. For one thing, I would never have met my husband if I had not been a JW. Also if I had not been abused, I probably would not have left home and moved to San Francisco where I met him. I know that God had us in the WT for a reason and will use everything that happened to us for our good and His glory. Romans 8:28. Praise Him for His goodness!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Laurie and NeverJoined,

Welcome to our crazy world! I am thankful that both of you are here to love and learn!

Andi

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Laurie, I send you hugs,

Yadira

• TheStar
    TheStar

((((Laurie))))

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us, it means so much.

Welcome to all the new ones here!

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

Not being DFed had nothing to do with being in prison. Long before charges were filed they had ABSOLUTE proof that Dan had done these things. They did nothing. After charges were filed the elders told us that if he was convicted he would definately be DFed. They had about 4 years before his conviction and have had almost 4 years since to act. Their excuse was (and I gave this letter to Dateline, but it was edited out) that there were not 2 witnesses to each seperate incident. This was a letter from the WTS themselves. It was in direct response to my husband asking why his father was not DFed after 4 witnesses had come forward to testify. They NEVER used the excuse about not being able to DF in prison. One local brother fed us that line, but said it was because they were afraid that Dan would sue them. He thought that was a good excuse for protecting child molesters and putting children at risk.

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

OH MY GAWD! I DO KNOW THEM! My brothers were very close friends of Johnathan! I was not close to them but I remember a real bad situation that happened to the family. I don't feel comfortable saying on a public board. I can't believe that they are related to the Pandelos on Dateline! Please e-mail me @ [email protected]

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Eliveleth,

Nice to meet you - and sorry about your lousy background.

My husband and I were JW for almost 50 years. We left in 1983 and were disfellowshipped as apostates on Christmas Eve. I do not regret having been a Witness. There were lots of positive things that happened there. For one thing, I would never have met my husband if I had not been a JW. Also if I had not been abused, I probably would not have left home and moved to San Francisco where I met him.
    My husband & I walked away two years ago. He was born into the org (57 yrs ago) and I joined at ripe age of 18 (*sigh* 34 yrs ago). I wouldn't have met my honey if I hadn't been in the org.....but if I hadn't been in - my daughter would never had been molested.

Guess the old saying about a "silver lining in every cloud" proved true for us, eh? I'm glad you posted your experience - as every one of us victims who speaks out encourages another victim to speak - thus helping us all to become stronger survivors.

Lol....when this forum was young, I was about the only rape victim speaking - and people got REAL tired of hearing (they told me so). Now I have company, and the amazing thing is.....so many of the accounts are so damned similar.

Hope you stick around.

waiting

• gambler
    gambler

What prison is the bastard in.Somebody needs to send a copy of dateline to the inmates there so he can get some prison justice done to him.Bet he stops his preaching after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit