About Daniel Fitzwater-Exposed on Dateline

by LFitzwater 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Thank you, Laurie.

I'm a father of five daughters (and one son) and there aren't too many things we haven't seen as a family in the Organization. I was raised in it myself and I first started in the door-to-door work in 1946 at the age of six.

Your story is a compelling one and there is no excuse whatsoever for the inaction on the part of the elders and Society. They have been too arrogant for too long, and the Dateline program and following fall-out couldn't happen to a more deserving outfit.

I can only imagine the relief and sense of freedom that you must feel now that the Dateline program has aired and you've posted the above. My heart rejoices for you.

Please be assured of our love for you and your husband. Should you ever need to talk, my email is always open.

LoneWolf

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Laurie,

simply to thank you for sharing with us your... “experience”.
    This kind of story it is always very painful even to relate, but you have done a good thing in postingit on this board.

I wish you personally that all the courage and strenght
    which kept you going , may remain in you and in your family.

As others in this forum have already stated, we all hope that
    the lies of the WTBS Inc. will eventually surface to the
    open...for all to see and realize who they... really are.

Had Enough:
    “ I'm continually amazed at the courage of those who come forward to speak out against the wrong actions of the WTS.”

Very true...and what a kind of courage from Laurie !

Mimilly :

“I think sickening is one of the main words of the night.”

I do agree and if you think the WTBS Inc. wants all these
    events and experiences to be kept secret inspite of the suffering
    and the immense, umbereable pain of the victimes and their families and friends..!

Greetings to all J.C.MacHislopp

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

((((((Laurie))))))

Pureheart

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi Laurie, welcome aboard. Your story wasn't too long. You will soon learn that.
    Plum

[email protected]

• Lindy
    Lindy

Thank you for sharing your story. It only confirms what is being said over and over again. If nothing else, all these things will hlep other victims who have not, and of some, who for their own reasons will not, come forward with their own story knowing now that they are not alone.
    As far as the "in good standing while in prison and still preaching in prison." I know a convicted child molester from the KH who while in jail was still in "good standing." there are legal technicalities why the local Elders can't DF while these ones are in prison, but when released they can be. The one I know of was DF directly after he was released. So there is hope, especially after Dateline has now aired his dirty laundry that Dan Fitzwater will be DFed after he gets out like the "brother" I knew. The Elders have to keep the "congregation clean" and they can't have anyone bring "reproach upon Jehovah's Organization" you know. It is all such a joke, isn't it?
    I wish you well, and am sorry that you have gone through hell with all this too. But now you know that you are hardly alone, and can take some comfort in the fact that due to the courage of Silent Lambs and others, that some of this shit will be dealt with and that through all these ones courage and your own, that not all of the victims will be silenced no longer.
    Lindy

• chester
    chester

(((((((((Laurie))))))))

Welcome to the board.

Let me add my thanks for taking the time to share your story. I read the whole thing too.

Your speaking out will help many others to be brave and speak out as well.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Thanks for sharing your story Laurie, I read it all too, though it was difficult through my tears. I can't imagine the pain of those years. I'm glad that you have a happier life now.

And hi to bikerchic; welcome all newbies.

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((laurie))))))))

Thank you for speaking up. I'm sorry that you lost your family in the process, but at least your husband has stood by you.

Welcome to the board.

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((Laurie)))
    Welcome to the board, thanks for having the courage to share you story, I'm sorry for everything you have had to go through.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Laurie,lots of love to you. I am so sad after reading your story, but so impressed by your courage X Thankyou.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit