About Daniel Fitzwater-Exposed on Dateline

by LFitzwater 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• awoke
    awoke

Laurie,
    Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing your story. I didn't think it was too long at all. It's stories like yours that shed light on just how far the JWs will go to try to silence those trying to expose this problem. I'm really sorry for all the pain you've gone through! (((hugs)))

• david_10
    david_10

Laurie-----Thanks for sharing your story. Your courage and fortitude are inspiring. David

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

((((Laurie)))))

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Laurie, welcome! Your story is a very sad one.

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Laurie and welcome!

Thank you for sharing your story with us; I know it's somewhat scary to share so intimately with a bunch of strangers and yet it can be healing too. I hope this is the case for you.

Are you still in the Bradenton area? I'm in Florida, not too far from Bradenton/Sarasota. There are a few of us around, seems to be more all the time! I can relate to much of your story, especially as to the lack of genuine concern from the elders. They've taken the "blame the victim" mentality to new lows.

As others have said, if you would like to talk, please feel free to email me.

(((Hugs)))
    Dana

• think41self
    think41self

((((Laurie))))

Welcome to the board Thank you for sharing your story with us. We never know who we will touch when we share a part of ourselves and our pain. I am so glad you sound healthier and happier now than you've ever been.

think41self

This side of Eden, whether we realize it or not, we feel the stain on our souls, and at every opportunity, we try to scrub it away with steel-wool guilt.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

(((((Laurie)))))

Thank you for posting your story! If more people like yourself come forward and tell their stories, the more evidence active JWs will have that we aren't just evil apostates or disgruntled JWs. We are all individuals with a story to tell of men that destroy lives and families in the name of an Organization that equate themselves to God.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Laurie, I read your story, and you are very brave, and I commend you. I noticed you are from Bradenton, Fl. My niece went to Bradenton Congregation. She dealt with abuse there, and her family are actually co-dependant family members who support my father-in-law, the Pedophile seen going to the door on Dateline. My niece has suffered much because of her parents' loyalty to my in-laws and for other reasons related to her experiences. Did you know the Pandelo family in Bradenton?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the board.

Your experience, like so many others, demonstrates that the WTS is essentially a "holy old boys" club that devalues women and children.

Best wishes to you.

- Nathan Natas
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• NeverJoinedTheBorg
    NeverJoinedTheBorg

Hello All!!

Well this is my first post on this board. I've been reading here for the past year or so. I found out about the board while searching for online resources about the WT. Some good friends of mine are rank-and-file JWs and they were trying to get me to convert. But after brining issues like this to their attention, they no longer talk to me. ?? Strange.

Anyway, this is all REALLY CREEPY! After reading as much as I have about the WT cult, I think it's fare to say that this can be considered another false religion that will fall apart in time (but certainly with a path of destruction too great to ignore!). Hopefully it will happen sooner than later.

Laurie, I'm so sorry that you have had to live with such devastating events. I hope and pray that you find healing.

GOD Bless.

~NeverJoinedTheBorg~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit