Trashed WT's found in Dr.s' waiting room Friday. Do you trash literature you find?

by Wasanelder Once 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I was putting magazines in the library on my last day on a cruise ship- actual "worldly" stuff that people would want to read.  There was a JW brochure of some kind there.  I trashed it.    Heck, the person who left it already counted it on their recruitment slip as one placement and 20 minutes of time (maybe even an hour) to leave it there.  It already served it's purpose.  
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Yes, working out of town I visit the laundry and have found tracts entitled, "Comfort for the Depressed", I thought, that religion will cause you to be depressed and promptly threw them in the waste basket.  BAMM, That's what I'm talking about.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I used to hit the laundry rooms on the way back from work. I had to stop trashing the literature in one of the Laundromats since the owner (not a JW) was always there and he wanted to keep the magazines so that his clients could have something to read.

A long time ago, when I got peeved at the Witnesses in my large apartment complex, where most are JWs, I started putting literature from the Bible Students and The Worldwide Church of God right besides the watchtowers in laundry room. I did not touch their literature but I made a point of having both magazines side by side.

I had no religious interest in my literature but I wanted to pick one that was doctrinally close to theirs just to show that they weren't as unique in their teachings as they think they are.

A pissing contest soon ensued. They kept trashing my literature and I kept fishing it out of the trash and putting it right next to theirs. Once, somebody even stuffed my literature inside a discarded detergent bottle. I took it out and placed it again on the table even though it was soaked in detergent. Then one of the JWs started taking my literature and trashed it in the dumpsters one hundred feet away. I still had plenty left.

The JW manager then asked if I would be happy if no one placed any literature including the JWs. That was fine with me. For years afterwards no one put any literature in that laundry room. They started to recently but I no longer care.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I would not bother with labels or any reference to anti-JW websites. The people who read those magazines aren't really interested in the organization - just the content - so they're not going to bother researching an anti-organization website.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Imagine you're in the doctor's office and pick up Family Circle magazine to read. Someone has taken a Sharpie and written, "For the truth about this publication, go to familycirclefacts.com".

I would think, "Oh, a nutter with a blog about how he didn't like the letters to the editor."

I would probably not go to the website and I certainly wouldn't stop reading it because of the graffiti. In fact, I may even feel more on the side off the victim of the graffiti!

I've stuck notes inside wts publications in the public library, because it's the library's property and I could get arrested for stealing or defacing it. But magazines that are left for anyone to take for free? Those are fair game.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    Yep, I trash them, usually in the bathroom, because people will dig things out of a paper trash, but not usually out of a bathroom can. If there's no bathroom trash available, I take them home and toss them in the recycle bin.
  • Odrade
    Odrade
    Also, I now refer to the literature almost exclusively as "propaganda material." Makes me feel better to call it what it is.
  • chickpea
    chickpea

at one point i actually had an ink stamp that basically urged the reader to check jwfacts.com before agreeing to study with JWs... but i also dispose of any publications i encounter in public

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    The stuff I've seen was already nearly trashed: tracts in the apartment building foyer, magazines blowing around in the street. In each case, I put them out of their misery and put the litteratrash in its place... dumpster.
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    I think any literature should be destroyed as there are so many vulnerable people out there who will believe anything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit