Trashed WT's found in Dr.s' waiting room Friday. Do you trash literature you find?

by Wasanelder Once 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• jhine
    jhine

I have " liberated " some Watchtower literature from public places , but I like your idea Cofty .If the person who placed it came to check it would be a nice surprise .

Jan

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

i have been trashing them but I like the idea of sticking JWFacts on there. or writing it with a sharpie.

Marina

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Well I came across some magazines (at the literature desk) this weekend. managed to liberate 7 sets for my fireplace.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Instead of throwing it out I annotated it in the margins and wrote JWFacts.com inside the front cover.

Much better idea than throwing it away.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Lifted some from the auto repair shop recently.  I waited until everyone left the room and stuffed them into my non-theocratic briefcase. Then put them in the recycling bin at home.

Haven't seen those ragazines IRL in a long time. They look a little more mainstream without the black-and-white-plus-a-single-color line drawings. They also remind me a bit of comic book style health publications distributed by CDC, including the dramatic flavor.

We actually could be saving lives by removing recruitment material. I suppose if you're opposed to removing them, writing a URL is better than nothing. But what ordinary person is going to be more influenced by a URL written in the margin with a marker than by the actual content of the publication? What percentage would even look it up?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I sometimes have a look around the 'faith room' at uni.

There are often a pair of watchtower and awake magazines there.

Sometimes, I take the magazines home, have a read to see what type of bullsh1t is contained therein, then trash them.

It sure gives a good feeling to read them without rose-tinted WTS specs on, and critically analyse them.

The feeling I get from trashing them comes a close second. 

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Can't be arsed to read 'em, I have binned them, on a number of occasions, and a couple of times written  "Please see JWfacts.com for true information on this" in a few places inside, and left them for others to find.

It occurs to me that the latter is the best course, as the JW dropping them in will maybe see it, and as well will not think people are appreciatively taking the magazines home, which ,may happen when I simply bin them.

• flipper
    flipper
    I've thrown them away and then I replace them with WT child abuse lawsuit printouts if I have copies with me
  • LisaRose
  • fiddler
    fiddler
    Print up address lables that say jwfacts.com and stick them in front cover of books and mags. There are two neighborhood book exchange boxes around my neighborhood and the dubs regularly deposit their trash in them.  i'd rather discreetly stick a label in a book than toss them? Did the same with laundrymat mags. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit