Girls names

by FeelingFree 95 Replies latest jw friends

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

anddontcallmeshirley- Vagina?? Really?! lol

sowhatnow - its my second baby girl so used up all the names we loved on the first one. Def wont be naming her until she is born though as I agree you need to see them first.

apognophos - Have you read/seen Dave Gormans Googlewhack Adventure?

Thank you everyone for you help, its most appreciated.

Another name I have been thinking of is Eris but it means goddess of strife.....think maybe that would be a bit mean? But I do quite like it. Are meanings that important?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I like Eris. I sounds like she's a trust fund baby. LOL A FB friend named their daughter Ocean. Another one I like is Nova. another is Esme. Pronounced Es may. I'm sure whatever name you pick will be great.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I haven't, FeelingFree, no. I'm just a nerd who Googles himself once in a while and is glad that the only results for his name are for other people :-) Might make it easier to fade when I leave the religion, for instance.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

anddontcallmeshirley- Vagina?? Really?! lol

Sadly, I didn't make that one up. A friend of mine said he knew a woman with that name (she always smelled like tuna...very weird).

• haboob48
    haboob48

I named my daughter Whitney 27 years ago. She will often tell me that she LOVES her name! When my daughter had twin girls she named them Joey and Bailey, I adore the name Joey for a girl. I don't know, just wanted to throw that out there for ya!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Seinfeld dated a gal named "Mulva"

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Hmm something fishy was up with that Vagina's vagina then...... Her parents were pretty damn cruel!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

eris pronounced as Iris?

violet eris? lol,

i know a clara, savana, maddison, cherry, blossom, hanna, tresa, sheryl, joycelynn, gwen, trisha, renee and an amber,

youll go nuts, lol.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Rachel McKenna

Laura Kathleen

Kathleen (Katie)

I like classic names, but those vary according to your language and culture. Noor or Nur means light, Nabila means noble. Binta means daughter.

My main suggestion-a name that is light. To the tongue and to the ear. But not comical or ridiculous or too religious. Chastity and Charity are the kinds of names that beg for a rebellious teenager to fly in the face or it. Or get a sex change operation.

Esperanza means Hope-I think that it is a beautiful name to the tongue and the ear and the heart.

I have an Irish background and my kids names reflected that.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY!!! I'm happy for you-what a blessing.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Don't name her Virginia. Beautiful name, but shortened to Virgin (granted the emphasis sounds different than virgin, but STILL!) Good friend in elementary school with that name. I still suspect she quit school in the 7th grade from sheer embarassment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit