Girls names

by FeelingFree 95 Replies latest jw friends

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

sowhatnow- Eris is pronounced Air-riss or Ear-riss

Doc - Our child has no chance of not being weird with us as parents. Our little one now is turning into a very umm...."interesting" individual!

Great suggestions everyone. Thanks :)

• Mum
    Mum

Currently, my favorite name is Beatrice, meaning "blessed." I consider it a classical name, not a fad name. I also like Jade or Jada. I read through all of the pages of this post and made sure these had not been mentioned already before suggesting them.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

A baby girl is so wonderful, i would love to have more granddaughters if they would be terrific like the one I have.

I love the name Mercedes, Sadie for short; also Maeve. Kathleen or Ashleen. Simple names like Zoe, Teri, Toni, Marty, Cori.

Laurie, Laura.

Easy names are the best so the child doesn't have to explain her name all the time. I should know, my name is...

Marina like a boat-dock

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

There's a great British website called 'darkgreener' (can't link so Google) which shows on a graph the popularity of each name and how it's changed over time. invaluable for research. My advice would be to avoid anything that's shot up to the top of the charts from obscurity as you'll think it's unusual but start hearing it everywhere. And it will feel dated in the future.

i'd probably avoid names in steady decline too.

Find a name outside of the top 50 which has maintained steady use over time, is familiar but not overused, unpretentious but not down-market and you've hit the jackpot!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

http://anna.ps/blog/baby-name-data

This site analyses the rise and fall of baby names.

Here is darkgreener

http://names.darkgreener.com/

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Thanks for that will check those sites out :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit