Zone Visit: An Announcement That Will "Test Your Faith"

by breakfast of champions 443 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

GustvC:The abusers issue is of no consequence.

GustvC: Actually, for the number of existing JWs, the number of abuse cases is really minuscule

SaritaJ:

Your bible says: Luke 17: 1-2 Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! 2 It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones.

Mt 18:6 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea.

Mr 9:42 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith, it would be better for him if a millstone that is turned by a donkey were put around his neck and he were pitched into the sea.

Amen! SaritaJ

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

GustvC: The abusers issue is of no consequence.

Would you say that to someone that had actually been abused?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

CG, got his time in yesterday with us. Today he left to go to the Zone meeting followed by a party at Olive Garden.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Heh heh, Olive Garden. That was the nice place to go when I was a JW.

Good times.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Olive Garden, mmmmmmm....... I always loved watching the sexually repressed sisters ask for more breadsticks. They were "all you can eat", which was a lot for some of those gals!! LOL!!!!!

DD

• alexandre
    alexandre

already started the meeting of zone visit? I heard my relatives spoken about, but I am DISFELLOWSHIPPED, they do not speak about spiritual things with me.....I was airy!

• alexandre
    alexandre

any news?

• alexandre
    alexandre

what is new?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So far its just fluff intro and a summary of the watchtower.

I know I'm being paranoid, but todays WT seems to be making lots of hints that could be groundwork for a literal drink the koolaid type pronouncement. Also in the intro there was a full minute, maybe 2 saying not to record, or stream the program, and don't even share your notes with anyone (that's right, anyone. Not the typical "recordings should be for immediate family that can't be present" stuff that they do at conventions.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Keep it coming oneeyed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit