Zone Visit: An Announcement That Will "Test Your Faith"

by breakfast of champions 443 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

What is funny to mention that GC mentioned spanish congregations. That is my circuit... 99% spanish. The only thing I would have comment, not necessarilly to justify what he said, but rather further challenge it, is that in hispanic communities it is harder to come about. Specially in the ultra conservative ones, where no one imagines ever leaving a child behind with a non-relative. Never alone. There is, therefore, much lower chances of this happening in a hispanic cong. Pedophilia would not have the same shocking effect on these congregations as it would have in others, because it would too difficult for most of them to imagine that a responsbile parent let them be in a situtation where abuse could happen. Not denying it, I am just speaking in general probability.

• cofty
    cofty

sitting 30 feet from their Devil Carts sipping a Starbucks Grande Frappuccino, no doubt

We were in Lancaster a few weeks ago and we passed a cart that was in a quiet street a few hundred yards from a busy city centre. I could not see who was looking after the cart until I looked around a corner and saw 2 females sitting on the steps of a large building drinking Starbucks.

I left them a JWFacts.com card in their cart.

Later the same week in York there was a cart with three JWs standing like manequins holding out magazines. I picked on one of them for 10 minutes or so. This is the thrid time I have challenged a JW at a cart to discuss a topic from the bible and they didn't have one with them. He got a JWFacts.com card as well.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Texting for return visits or sitting 30 feet from their Devil Carts sipping a Starbucks Grande Frappuccino, no doubt

New "faith-shaking announcement" theory:

In an unprecedented partnership with Starbucks, the society will be auctioning off prime "Cart witnessing" territory at all Starbucks locations.

Cart in a Sbucks goes to the highest bidder.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Here in the Netherlands (west of Germany for the US reader), the Branch closed all the non-dutch foreign language congregations.

2 reasons:

1. too many dutch JW fled to the foreign field and congregations. It seems an escape route;

2. branch stated that the foreigner has to learn the language of the country. (this is a flip / flop because the JW had to learn other language first to

search for the foreigner).

I think it was to close down the escape route of JW's to the foreign congregations and to level down local meetings at the kingdom hall.

Maybe the US will get this new "arangement" too. Many here became upset and had to move to another congregation.

In our congregation, a dutch brother, clothed in Franch style with alpino hat, is singing loud in the French language during the dutch meeting.

That's the effect...

G.

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

GustvC:The abusers issue is of no consequence.

GustvC: Actually, for the number of existing JWs, the number of abuse cases is really minuscule

Your bible says: Luke 17: 1-2 Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! 2 It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones.

Mt 18:6 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea.

Mr 9:42 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith, it would be better for him if a millstone that is turned by a donkey were put around his neck and he were pitched into the sea.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'Our efforts have provided us with beautiful places of worship here and all over the world' - er, not quite.

There are large swathes of the globe that don't receive a 'witness'. Can you imagine knocking on doors in North Korea, Saudi or Iran? Ain't gonna happen.

Time to face facts, Gustv: WTS is a tiny, insignificant, eccentric cult who's only hope of converting outsiders is to preach at dissaffected Catholics.

That's all.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

WTS is a tiny, insignificant, eccentric cult

Coming to this realization was a painful process. You go through life as a JW thinking that you're part of something huge and extremely important only to realize that nobody who isn't or wasn't a JW doesn't give a rat's ass about JW's. It's quite jarring!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Time to open a business selling millstones... demand is posed to skyrocket.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just a couple hours now. . . . Wooohoo!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yay!!! Let me know how boring it is!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit