If you have been inactive for over a year can you get disfellowshipped?

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I've read conflicting things so was hoping to get this clarified.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Generally, it just depends on what you tell people the reason is.

If you keep your mouth shut or simply say it is due to stress, health or some other issue, then no, not a DF offense at all.

Rub a Dub

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its been said here many times before, you can be disfellowshipped for anything three elders agree upon.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It is their club ,their rules . They do whatever they want . We had been inactive for three yrs . they came by and invited us to a JC meeting ....what was that about ? I think it really depends on the Elder body and the size of the congregation .Small KH are way more involved in the peoples lives than big city ones .

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Sure , it all depends on the Elders you have .

Just ask Mike and Kim Brooks

How to Disfellowship Two People... With ZERO Proof!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vmm-dqsTjk

• blondie
    blondie

DITTO:

Its been said here many times before, you can be disfellowshipped for anything three elders agree upon.

and as TM said, their rules, their game.

1) DF offense (not by your definition by theirs and the convoluted definition in the elders manual, no scripture required)

for example: Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evi-
    dence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the
    accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known
    homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable. (Elders manual) not a single scripture, no 2 witnesses, assumes fornication/adultery happens only at night)

2) two witnessees? Their call

3) you're deceased (one jw died before end of a JC; and the chairman still wanted to announce he had been df'd)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/124184/1/Disfellowshiping-dead-people

• piztjw
    piztjw

True. Even more disgusting is the fact one can be DF'd for anything that TWO eldurrs can agree on, because they will browbeat the weakest of the three into submission to their preconcieved agenda. And simply being inactive for a year or more will not be any different to the blank-eyed, slack-jawed, drooling JW drones either. While perhaps not in any official writings, inactive ones are to be treated the same as, if not even worse than, DF'd ones. At least when I was still on friendly terms with some of the higher ups that was what I was told when I started dating a wonderful though inactive woman.

• cognac
    cognac

It would actually be a relief to be d'ffed. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

• piztjw
    piztjw

the accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable. (Elders manual) not a single scripture, no 2 witnesses, assumes fornication/adultery happens only at night)

What is even more screwed up is that IF the lights are on in general day use areas of the house for the entire night they will not presume that sex happened. I know this first hand.

I remember the old joke that the only sex approved by the GB is Friday night, after the meeting, in the dark, using no hands, and only missionary position. Sadly way to many jdubs feel that same way!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just to try to put some reason into the discussion, the only thing you can be DF'ed for is being unrepentant.

You have to be accused of some offense in order for two JW's to agree that they saw you committing such an offense.

But leaving the JW's leaves one open to any kinds of accusations from interfaith to lying to drunkenness and, of course- fornication.

And there is always the old accusation of apostasy.

Best not to say anything at all to elders. But if you have kids, they apply allowing them to do things as parental apostasy or interfaith.

Not showing up for an accusation is usually the best answer. Most accusations have no merit, and not showing up prevents them from saying you are unrepentant of charges that have no merit. But again, it is their rules. They can decide what is proof, what is proper evidence, how you were guilty, and how your not showing up is a sign of unrepentance.

It's a game that is very hard to win. Hence, don't tell elders anything and try not to tell many family members the same things about the organization unless you trust that they don't want to involve elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit