Reading the Watchtower and Awake! is like getting a college education!

by kairos 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks Oubliette for the list. Online college are good. Reading Watchtower pubs are bad.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah...I see just kidding!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

“I quit school in the 9th grade about twenty-five years ago. I have had no secular schooling since then. I should have, by all rights, stagnated mentally. Due to economic circumstances—I had to go to work full time to support my family—I found it necessary to go back to school for a high school diploma.

If he had so much education from WT, why did he need to go back to school?

• Divergent
    Divergent

Good point, STA. Here's another one:

"Due to economic circumstances--I had to go to work full time to support my family"

So much for pioneering

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"It has been said that" how often we see this in the Babble Comics. Said BY WHOM, exactly??

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

It's like getting a lobotomy from a small North Korean Medical College!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

I remember hearing that. Im currently in college (and by default an active JW). NO!!! Its not the same, college is about resilience, hard-work, SELF motivation, independence, and most of all CRITICAL THINKING. WTS publications do not encourage this. Only hard-work is for the furthering of Jehovah kingdom WTS membership! Fear is motivator, along with guilt. And most of all college is more than reading random articles about how to live your life and regurgitating facts and information for a pat on the back after the watchtower. Research does not involve using only one, biased, source. Now that I think about it.....I laugh whenever a "well-meaning" borg. member says something so stupid.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

I heard this same crap decades ago. What a steaming pile of.........

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

We all heard it back in the day. Perhaps the quote is from a Circuit Overseer's letter; unable to find it in print anywhere.

'The school’s curriculum of studies is a full program offering 26 weeks of higher, college-level training equivalent to one year in secular colleges or universities. After ten years, in January, 1953, the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead was finally officially recognized by the United States Office of Education in Washington, D.C., as offering higher education comparable to professional colleges and educational institutions.'

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1955845?q=equivalent&p=doc

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Was a new boy - I was a new boy once also. I remember going into some depth about how and why Gilead needed to become officially recognized as a provider of higher education. However, they stopped short of ever calling it a seminary. "Religious seminaries are a hallmark of false religion."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit