Reading the Watchtower and Awake! is like getting a college education!

by kairos 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think this keeps getting repeated amongst the rank-and-file by the ones who - deep down - wish they had gone to college…

…and are trying to make themselves feel better.

Like the fox and the grapes.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I also believed it was a case of ‘sour grapes’ when some Witnesses knocked college. It’s about control and envy.

I once had an elder admit to me ‘college educated brothers are harder to counsel’.

So, they knock college for two reasons, in my opinion: (1) it’s a case of some elders not wanting rank & file more knowledgeable than they are; and (2) other people in the hall will be jealous when brother/sister so-and-so get a higher paying job than the crappy one they have (or were convinced they should settle for).. Misery loves company.

I wasn’t ‘rich’ by any means. But, because I didn’t follow the ‘pursue poverty’ ethic years ago - some JWs were bothered by this. Didn’t matter that I minded my own business. The attitudes I got ranged from shunning or imagining I ‘owed’ somebody something!! Of course, I paid no mind to any of this.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Good Luck trying to get good job if the only education you can write on CV is " Been reading watchtower " 😂😂

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Reading those two rags would qualify a person for a bachelor degree:

- in the form of a Bachelor in Stupidity from Tasmania's University of Lower Crackpot!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    in the form of a Bachelor in Stupidity from Tasmania's University of Lower Crackpot!

Hey, what’s so stupid about Tassie !

Blame it on NSW - that’s where Kingdom Central is.

😆

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Believe it or not, but there is actually a place in Tasmania called “Lower Crackpot”.

It even has a branch of Australia Post, with its own official date stamp. Included in the township is a university, which offers “degree” courses in woodchopping, with David Foster being the principal lecturer.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

If anyone is interested, this link has some information about the village of Lower Crackpot.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/tasmazia-and-the-village-of-lower-crackpot

Any thoughts that reading Watchtower and Awake confer on a person the equivalent of a bachelor degree definitely belong in that location!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember this very well. There was another piece to the phrase. it was reading the watchtower and awake for 6 months is the equivalent to a college education.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

For " Clown College " or to be a used car salesman which is not a bad thing but when you're a dub.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

I learned far more in one semester (3 months) at college than I learned in 22 years as a JW.

Almost anyone who actually did go to college or university or even a trade school will tell you the same.

As opposed to one unnamed source

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit