Shootings in multiple locations in Canada's capital today - Wed Oct 22/14

by Heaven 53 Replies latest social current

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

What is the solution?

The ideology of Islam is treason against the U.S. Constitution. Probably the same in Canada and the U.K. Any immigrant Muslim who even remotely shows any sign of being violent against people, or radical against the government should be rounded up and deported immediately, Muslim citizens who are a threat need to be locked up in prison.

The "Moderate Muslim" community has a responsiblity to turn these people in to the government if they really are different from radical Islam.

• Simon
    Simon

I believe you've a better chance of getting the real truth about the WTS from listening to both current AND ex-JWs.

Same for Mormons - you only get the true story if you listen to ex members, not just the official spokespeople.

There are ex-muslims and they ARE telling us a narrative about Islam that is very different to the one the reps portray.

So why do their views and warnings never get airtime? Why is it always pro-islam propaganda and excuses after any event involving its believers?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

A must post for me

Several of my fellow Canuck members, whose posts I revere, have expressed political views about this event.

To me, the displays of the Cdn Parliament leaders to each other today in the House, was exemplary.

I understand Harper's ideology, and have a few disagreements thereby.

However, when push comes to shove, when critical decisions need to be made, waffling in fear of public opinion is the worst element of a public figure.

(A fan of Ralph Klein political openness.)

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think the display of solidarity shows extremists that what they are trying to accomplish isn't working. It just strengthens our resolve against them.

Canada is not new to terror -- one example is the FLQ (Front de Liberation du Quebec) which had its time when I was a little kid (active between 1963 and 1970).

A friend of my boyfriend is with the Canadian Armed Forces. She states there will be a heightened response from our military and that there will be "boots on the ground now".

Meanwhile, Nathan Cirillo's family will live with this for the rest of their lives.

Nathan Cirillo loved life, a friend told the Star, but nothing more than his five-year-old son he was raising as a single dad.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Peter Power

Dogs peek out from under a gate at the Cirillo family home in Hamilton, Ontario near flowers and flags that have been left on Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit