Shootings in multiple locations in Canada's capital today - Wed Oct 22/14

by Heaven 53 Replies latest social current

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Point scoring and an opportunity for a personal attack Outlaw?..How crass.....cofty

Point scoring?!..

Canada is losing soldiers to terrorists because we have an Idiot for a Prime Minister,who has a track record of fucking up everything he touches..

You have no idea who the guy is or what he`s done..But..Your supporting someone who shouldn`t be in control of a Country much less an Army..

Next time don`t quote my post about something you don`t know anything about,and I won`t reply..

....................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif..OUTLAW

• cofty
    cofty

Outlaw - I commended your PM for making a stand with the rest of the free world. So did Simon your fellow Canadian.

When you stand up to bullies you put yourself in the firing line. A young soldier has paid the ultimate price. That is no reason to regret doing the right thing as a nation.

Political point-scoring is crass.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I hope the family of Nathan Cirillo get support and help at this time. I also hope those injured maked a full recovery.

I'm glad one gunman has been killed. If there are any more on the run, I hope they get put down also.

• talesin
    talesin

First, the press reported 'multiple gunmen' ......... manufactured, and a guaranteed scare tactic.

It would not be surprising if the target(s) were the PM, who is much hated, or Justin Trudeau, who is just as hated by crazies on the other end of the spectrum.

Why don't we just wait and see who this guy is, and cut the speculation?

Good grief, it's Canada. I remember when we had a terrorist attack, and Pierre LaPorte was kidnapped and executed by the FLQ. And what was the reaction of the Canadian people? Calm and rational. REAL news was reported, not a bunch of speculative rumours.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, and speaking of politicking during a crisis ........

I noted that two MPs TWEETED about this while it was ongoing, and one is a Cabinet Minister. WTF? What morons! Have they no sense of decorum, let alone security? I guess the Tories didn't get the memo about speaking to the public or press --- not allowed without the PMO press secretary's approval.

Edit: We had better security at Mobil Oil when we had a rig fire. Only the PR dept. spoke to the press.

tal

• Simon
    Simon

Convert to Islam. Why we we not surprised?

Another screw up convert to a screwed up ideology.

• cofty
    cofty

According to The Guardian "The deceased gunman has been identified as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau by CBS, ABC and CTV and CBC, variously quoting intelligence officials.

Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982 and who reportedly converted to Islam, has been brought to US agencies’ attentions, according to two American officials. One of the officials said that the man was from Quebec, according to Reuters."

• talesin
    talesin

We stood against GWB when he invaded Iraq and on that day, I was proud to be a Canadian. Paul Martin was a slimy SOB, but at least, in the end, he chose Canada over the USA overlords.

The Harper government shows the same fascist tendencies as Tony Blair and GWB, and they can all rot in hell, as far as I'm concerned. Cheers, OUTLAW!

So we have now joined the most oppressive regime of the 20th Century in its new Holy War against the Middle East, now that the red Commie threat has been milked for all it was worth. Thanks, Steven Harper, Brian Mulroney, and all other sycophants who join the Elite (that is, the Bushes, the Bankers and the SAUDIS - let's not forget our "bestest Islamic friends") in their ongoing endeavour to keep us enslaved to their work-slave system.

I guess y'all are unhappy that "Iggy" isn't the PM? He *really* has an inside line to the White House. (gag)

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, "the most oppressive regime of the 20th and 21st centuries" ......... my mistake!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The first part of solving a problem, is being a realist and not an idealist.

ISIS is taking responsibility for this attack on its Twitter, linking the gunman to it. Whether or not they are in cahoots or not, seems to be needed to be found out. Islamic chatter for an attack on Canada has been heating up since September. But, talk is cheap. He was wearing all black, with a black cloth over his face. It if looks like a duck, it's likely a duck. He was a high risk traveler, and his passport was recently revoked. He changed his name from an English to an Islam name . . .

Is this man a lone wolf? Does it matter? We think a lone wolf is just one idiot mad man. But, why can't a lone wolf be an operative of a larger group? Jehovah's Witnesses going door-to-door, are not lone wolves. Why can't a large group of people, be brainwashed individuals?

It's very hard for some people to recognize that others are mean and terrible people. I was one of those people. I propped up my family as being great, but am now beginning to see them for what they are, hurtful people. And, I am beginning to learn the biggest mystery, why I needed to prop-up bad people who as being good and worthy of respect. The below article was very helpful for me, and I hope it is for you. President Obama's administration & many liberals have a hard time identifying terrorists and terrorists acts. We called one, "a workplace violence act" when all the evidence appears to be religously motivated in the name of Allah. . .and another was blamed on an anti-Islam film as a scapegoat. It's as if the current administration wishes the Islam bad boys were roses, and by not calling them what they really are, we somehow can make them into cuddly teddybears . . . (who don't open gunfire, fly planes into buildings, bomb planes out of the air, and definately don't behead journalists and human aid workers).

Facing the Truth About Hurtful People
    Facing the Truth About Hurtful People

hurtful-people_OmtimesBy Marcia Sirota MD

You see, we are dealing with a cult. Whether it's a lone soldier, or an organized militia, it's a cult that uses terror as its fear factor. We can't be idealistic and ignore it. It's not going to change that way. We have to be realist. We have to be willing to say, that this Canada terrorist act that happened today seems to be Islamic motivated, given the dress, actions of the terrorist waiving his arms in the air after he shot the soldier, the chatter, and ISIS admition that it was a terrorist act. It sure smells of terrorism at this point.

ISIS, Al Queda, Hamas, whatever you call it. It's a cult. Radical Islam (and Islam) is a cult. Steve Hassan's article today in the Huffington POst, was wonderful. Did you read it?

Steven Hassan Become a fan

Cult expert, Counselor, Author, media spokesperson

ISIS Is a Cult That Uses Terrorism: A Fresh New Strategy

Posted: 10/21/2014 10:29 pm EDT Updated: 10/21/2014 10:59 pm EDT

So sorry for this handsome young man and his family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit