This weeks #2 & #3 talk on homosexuality

by granada35 96 Replies latest jw friends

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Rnwt -

Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality,

Interlinear -

Or οὐκ not οἴδατε have YOU known ὅτι that ἄδικοι unjust (ones) θεοῦ of God βασιλείαν kingdom οὐ not κληρονομήσουσιν; they will inherit? Μὴ Not πλανᾶσθε· be YOU being misled; οὔτε neither πόρνοι fornicators οὔτε nor εἰδωλολάτραι idolaters οὔτε nor μοιχοὶ adulterers οὔτε nor μαλακοὶ soft [men] οὔτε nor ἀρσενοκοῖτα liers with males

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My wife is giving this talk, isnt it amazing they ignore what Jesus supposedly said. Don't judge!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder if anyone giving the #3 talk suggested everyone watch the Sign Language video with the guy wacking off, then give a warning that if you do that you will become homosexual.

Rub a Dub

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

It would be most interesting to hear an Elder give a talk about the 'evils' of heterosexual divorce. That might hit a litte too close to home. While gays are WANTING to get married, at least half of heterosexual marriages end in divorce. How many in every KH are themselves divorced??? Yet the talks always seem to focus on how evil gays are for wanting to get married

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The really eloquent hate speach comes from eldughs who think the young men in the congo, (in Adonis ass hugging tight pants) are going to do what he wants to do.

• stillin
    stillin

Woohoo! I am giving this talk tomorrow night! I got it together. Wish you could be there.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is the big deal between consenting people of the same sex, whether as individuals or as a group, having sex? Even if you have groups of more than 100 people having sex, how is that going to hurt others? Most of us are born bisexual whether we realize it or not, and that means we have the potential of being attracted to members of the same sex. The only way it could damage the human race would be if everyone was exclusively homosexual and then because babies could not be born. And that would have taken care of the issue by itself, without joke-hova intervening, because of zero birth.

The same goes for adultery, if it's where the "innocent" party knows about it and you are upfront about it. Occasionally, you get "adultery" where everyone involved is present and participating at the same time. The only time adultery is bad is if you are hiding it from the other spouse, lying about it, and the spouse would not approve. Which usually happens when you get a bad match in your original marriage (which usually, within the washtowel, is the result of wretched choices of spouses or because you don't get to dry-run the marriage before committing) or your marriage is infested with that "third strand". Joke-hova does not strengthen marriage--rather, that thing drains it. Adultery where you go and hide it often results from this.

So, what does the washtowel do? They go around making it difficult to find a spouse. You cannot find a spouse at an a$$embly without breaking some rule, and the selections within your home congregation are usually pxxx poor. Obviously, dating someone outside the cancer is taboo. And this creates situations where bad marriages happen (which are at high risk of adultery where they go and sneak it). And, they have long-term same sex relationships in so many activities. Go to that place they call spiritual paradise, you are bound to get a same-sex roommate. Do volunteer work or missionary work not as a family, you are bound to get put with a same-sex partner for the duration. Go from door to door, find someone that is interested, you will be handing that call to someone that is the same sex as the call. These situations can stimulate latent homosexuality (remember, most of us are born bisexual), especially when selections of the opposite sex are restricted. Then they bash the victim when they fall for someone of the same sex, as often as not the partner or roommate they are assigned.

Or, worse, one of their same-sex children or relatives. You study with jokehovians, the thing that is studying with you introduces you to relatives and their children (including children below puberty, even babies), and you get stuck with one of those children as the "flagship". Invariably, it is same sex because they think you can't possibly be attracted. Remember, we are usually born bisexual, and in the absence of proper opposite sex exposure, such latent homosexuality can come to the front. And they wonder where so much of the pedophile problem comes from.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Steve2, good for you mom for loving you in spite of the JW hate speech, it's not so good that she and others lack the courage to completely make a stand and say the WTBTS is WRONG.

And when I say they are wrong, I don't just mean on this issue, I mean on virtually every issue.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

the interlinear seems to say "soft men nor liers with males" wonder why the distinction if it both means homesexuals???

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is an argument, well presented in a number of On-line articles, that what Paul was railing against, according to the context, was practices that went on in pagan temples as part of their false worship, part of idolatry, he was not concerned with homosexuality as such. And the Greek words he used do not mean the state of being a homosexual.

And that even the O.T laws are for a similar reason.

I am not well enough schooled in either O.T Greek or in Hebrew to make a proper estimation of the weight these ideas have, but they certainly should bring a halt to the rediness of many to say "Bible says ........".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit