This weeks #2 & #3 talk on homosexuality

by granada35 96 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Some of the Dubs like these subjects because it gives their own bigotry a voice with the authority of the imaginary magic guy in the sky

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I love your mum steve.

How did you manage to tell her you were gay?

Wish I could tell my mum.

I'm sure she would support me too, but would die blaming herself for what she did wrong to make me that way.

• Heartofaboy
  • stillin
    stillin

Good read, heartofaboy. I have the talk on this subject tonight and there are several points in there that I can use.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"And the men who hold high places

Must be the ones who start

To mold a new reality

Closer to the heart"

Time for those elders who are of the 'conscious class' to start molding a new reality in this organization when giving 'the talk'. The Catholics are changing... time for the Borg to change too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDRYBfEM0k

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Thanks stillin, I'd like to hear your talk.

JW's don't like to hear the truth though, only what bolsters the beliefs the Watchtower tells them to have.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'society in general will pay the price for allowing same-sex unions' - ridiculous comment!

Same-sex couples are a tiny minority (c.5%) of society and do not wish to convert anybody!

Also, it never fails to astonish me how obsessed the Society is over certain sexual acts.

Anal sex, for example, is most certainly not exclusive to gay men - it no doubt happens among heterosexual couples.

• flipper
    flipper

It's sad and disgusting how hateful and vitriolic the JW cult and other religions are towards gays. My JW mom who is now 87 yrs.old and been in the cult for over 60 years has come to realize and appreciate that people who are homosexual are born with those physical and emotional desires and she accepts them for who they are as people in a good way. My never been baptized nephew ( my older sisters son ) is gay and my mom has a good relationship with him. My older JW sister though used my mephew for financial purposes and once he decided to marry his partner- she then told him she could not associate with him. But she sure enjoyed his generosity of sharing some of his wealth with her when she needed it. My sister is a hypocrite.

So my wife and I keep in touch with my nephew and try to show him unconditional love that the JW cult and his JW mom will not. It's a criminal organization

• Island Man
    Island Man

"the interlinear seems to say "soft men nor liers with males" wonder why the distinction if it both means homesexuals???"

Because "homosexual" is a modern terminology used in a broader way while in bible times the people distinguished between men who made themselves the recipient of acts of sodomy (without necessarily having homosexual lusts themselves) and men who did the actual penetrating in acts of sodomy. Perhaps, in bible times, there were male prostitutes who were not truly homosexual (not having the homosexual desire to sodomize others) but nonetheless served as paid recipients of acts of sodomy to satisy the desires of homosexual men. So because such a prostitute is not really a homosexual (although they would have been regarded as just as bad if not worse) the bible makes a distinction between them and those with the actual homosexual lusts. Because back then a 'soft man' may have been tempted to rationalize and justify himself by saying that because he's not doing any penetrating and does not have any homosexual desire, he's technically not as bad as a homosexual. 'Soft men' could also have been people who did not like being sodomized but did it anyway because they were desperately in need of money. And so they could have reasoned that they're not as bad as homosexuals who do the penetrating and have the lust. So it could be for this reason that the bible is careful to mention both so that 'soft men' don't think they're in the clear.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I agree that the JWs' position re homosexuality is atrocious. But I think we need to tackle the real deeper issue here that we may be ignoring.

The problem of JW homophobia does not stem from the JWs themselves - it stems from the bible. JWs are bible believers and the bible very clearly condemns homosexuality. What are bible-believing JWs to do? Are they supposed to pick and choose which scriptures to follow and which scriptures to ignore - like 'Christendom' does? How can they, as bible believers, turn a blind eye to texts that explicitly condemn homosexuality? As long as they see the bible as the Word of God and pride themselves on living by it fully, unlike the hypocritical churches of 'Christendom', they have no choice but to openly condemn homosexuality - regardless of they feel about it privately (and JWs who deep down feel that it is wrong to be homophobic, will chock up such feelings to their imperfect nature and tell themselves that they cant trust their imperfect personal feelings on the matter). How do you tell a bible-believing JW that it is wrong to condemn homosexuality. You might as well tell him that the bible is not the Word of God . . . and good luck trying to get him to accept that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit