This weeks #2 & #3 talk on homosexuality

by granada35 96 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

IMO, we all have a yin-yang, a male and female side. After all, we begin our very lives as female! ( why didn't Jeehoober make humans make from the beginning?? LOL!!) Some of us are more in tune with ourselves as far as this "dual consciousness" is concerned.

These people who hate Fags and Lesbos actually hate that aspect of their own psyche. They project their own self-loathing ( most likely caused by religion ) upon everyone who is different. Their myopic existence simply cannot allow YOU to exist because you are a constant reminder of their "sin". These fearful individuals are all too eager to ban together for comfort in the storm of reality.

DD

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The whole "fag" thing happens because an ignorant bunch of goat herders had only one purpose in their wandering about: BREEDING.

Ensure the food supply. Ensure the Tribes existence. In time some old fool of an Elder decided to say that their vicious Sky Spirit wants it this way.

By an accident of history the monotheistic cults survived until today. And their followers still say you can only be happy in penis-vaginaland in a state of breeder bliss.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sounds to me like this ex-elder giving Talk #3 could have some "secret" issues himself. To admit it publicly or to seek any kind of counseling would open a person up to vicious gossip and finger-pointing (at the very minimum). JWs don't think any differently than the Westboro Christians.

Doc

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

That is an interesting point data-dog.

When I was feeling wretched & fessed up to an elder he made the point that he wasn't gay.

Sometime later I approached a circuit overseer when he visited the congregation & he said the same thing.

• blondie
    blondie

I overhead 3 elders talking about homosexuality...in the back of the KH for all to hear it seems....

They said that homosexuality was worse than fornication and adultery....I piped up and asked, so in Israel would the kill the gays twice? What could be worse than execution under the law?

One piped up, "adultery is normal."

Me: If so when then were adulterers put to death if it were normal?

They all went silent but then one said, "It was a gross sin" as if adultery is not a gross sin under the law and defined by the WTS. I did my research and made some photocopies of what the WTS said and gave each a highlighted copy. Me: They are both "GROSS" sins with the punishment of death under the Law per the WTS.

--------------------

Some straight men are such big homophobes including jw men with so-called righteous indignation. After all, adultery is NORMAL.

Women, homophobes not much. Just my experience.

(Is it my imagination but does the WTS or the elders not talk much about lesbians?)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What Phizzy said. We NEED recordings of these talks.

• sir82
    sir82

That's funny, we had an ex-elder give that talk in our congregation as well.

His words fairly dripped with hatred & disgust. He only read 1 scripture (Romans 1), but kept referring over & over to how much the Bible speaks against it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Of course I meant to say , "Why didn't Jeehoober make us male when we are conceived." I swear I hate this damn I-phone.

You would think that an all powerful creator could make sure we come out with zero confusion or "evil/gay" tendencies?? He performed an immaculate conception, but can't make sure no gaybies come out?? It seems that religious leaders suffer from self-loathing and desperately want to believe that we humans are some pinnacle of creation. The alternative is just too much to bear.

Meanwhile, generations live and die. Ironically, many of us were promised by these same gurus that we would NEVER get old! Oh, Jeehoober?!? Did Adam have nipples and a belly-button?!?! Pray tell!! I beseech thee!!! Oh?? What was that? You allow it for the sake of your great name that nobody knows?!? Your street-cred, you say?? Well, that's different!

DD

• tiki
    tiki

amen to punkofnice........

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Why would anyone want to be in a religion that does not approve of their life style in the first place? Eventually if they start losing membership over these practices, they will have to rethink their polices on gays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit