This weeks #2 & #3 talk on homosexuality

by granada35 96 Replies latest jw friends

• granada35
    granada35

After a one year sucessful fade and no longer associated with any congreation, I was visiting my sister this week (who goes to the meeting to please her husband for now; I am slowly planting seeds though) and they decided to year this weeks midweek meeting via the telephone. Since I was a guest in her house, I sat with them in the living room to hear the meeting.

To my surprise (especially growing up as a gay jw with still alot of anger in my heart over how i was treated), the talks 2 and 3 where on, of course, homosexualiy. In all fairness, the sisters covering the #2 talk where somewhat respectfully and indicated that the problem is not with gay people but rather actions. The number 3 talk was handled by and ex elder. All i can say is that i wished i would have recorded this talk so those on the outside can hear what a loving organization the watchtower is... I could hear the anger in this brothers talk (mentioned about how are society in general will pay the price for allowing same sex unions).

For those of you still attending, perhaps you can relay how these talks where delivered at the local hall. This event just solidifies my good decision of "no longer wanting to be a jehovah's witness!"

• Zoos
    Zoos

Ahh, that brings back good memories.....

Never enough spit and venom for the GOD HATES FAGS sessions offered up at the Kingdom Hall. I think they got even more creative at assemblies just to let you know they mean business.

I've been invited to attend a Southern Baptist church with some lovely friends I've made since leaving the JW cult and I tell them unequivocally, "I will not listen to another preacher tell me God disapproves of me by virtue of my existence." They just look away because they know their church is exactly the same way.

• alanv
    alanv

There is still a lot of feeling against Gay people among many of the churches. My answer is always, that in most cases gay people are born that way. That is how they are as a person. Is it right that they spend their whole lives without a partner just because of the way they were born? Clearly that would be so unfair. But at least generally there is much more exceptance now for people who prefer their own sex.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I cringed during the talks. Our number 3 talk was pretty harsh as well. I have to imagine that eventually talks like that will have to be viewed as hate speech. They read the scripture in the OT where it says gays should be put to death. Our Congo has at least 2 families with gay children. I can't imagine how it makes them feel.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Why doesn't someone record them and post them on-line, or send the recordings to Stonewall ?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I wanted to walk out of the KH when talks like this about gay people were given. I didn't feel I could leave in case I raised suspicions...........it doesn't take much for congregation jungle drums to stike up a beat.

I'd prayed to god since I was a very young boy not to be the way I was. I 'confessed my sin' to the elders on several occasions in order not to have a secret sin that could be blocking his holy spirit on the congregation. I'd heard this could happen at the meetings.

JW kids that are gay are having a hellish time, they are told about young brothers that relied on Jehovah got married & are no longer gay....... totally incomprehensible to a gay kid.

They are told to pray more, read the bible more, preach more, do more of this, do more of that, keep your mind on spiritual things.

It DOESN'T work.

It's a lie & until you are an adult & through experience can understand this many years later the JW kid that you were believes it's your own fault & that god hates you. That it would be better to kill yourself than give god the satisfaction killing you at Armageddon.

Yep, gay JW kids are really screwed up.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Again, sorry I was ever a part of this ridiculous, hateful, family-destroying organization.

• Zordino
    Zordino

I had a long discussion with an ex elder friend of mine who insisted gays are not born that way but just prefer that lifestyle because they have a rebellious heart. And of course they will be destroyed in A. I was arguing with him for over an hour about it. There is no getting through to those who are ignorant pig headed brainwashed people.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I remember tellin' my Dad I loved Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" song. His response was one of anger and hatred because Elton 'is a faggot'. I felt quite shocked and sad at his response.

Gay people are people. I know quite a few homosexuals and I have had no problem with any of them. Most of them are fun and passionate people.

My one lesbian colleague and I discussed the reason for gay hatred. Our conclusion... religion is THE reason for all of this.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When the WBT$ talks about sexual things it's either insulting, asinine, ignorant or hilarious.

Sadly, the WBT$ has no room to condemn sexual activity because it is they that protect paedophiles. Pot calling the kettle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit