One Day assembly in Arizona- $17,000 !!

by AndDontCallMeShirley 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I heard from a reliable source that a one-day assembly in Arizona last weekend had a "cost" to the Publishers of $17,000.

Predictably, the Elders were nice enough to obligate the attendees to a $6,000 donation to WT before the assembly "costs" (i.e. "rent"/extortion) were even met. $11,000 rent plus $6000 in extra "donations". A nice little payday for WT.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Quarterback
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

This goes back to there is a per publisher cost added to the overall cost of the assembly. The circuit overseer is told what that is depending on the area of the country who relays this information to the assembly overseer. They get all the total expenditures of the actual assembly plus this per publisher cost and add it together and then read it to the audience.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Ours was $9000 a few weeks back. $17,000 is more than the cost of a typical two-day! How much toilet paper and soap do you people go through???

Seriously, though, even $9000 is way high. I think we have a right to ask where all that money is going.

For our assembly hall, we suddenly have extremely manicured grounds with placards describing the types of flowers in each different area. Why in the world do we need that? It's outrageous.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

cha-ching! As long as there are people willing to pay they are more than happy to collect. None of this money is coming out of my pocket, so I have not much interest.

• label licker
    label licker

leaving_quietly, why do the bethels need indoor swimming pools, tennis courts, vollyball sandpits, horseshoe pits, mini golf courses, outdoor pizza ovens made out of marble and stone and can do pizzas under thirty seconds, own their own zambonee to clear the ice for iceskating, their own workout gyms and the list goes on and on.

When you go on a bethel tour, this is what the tourists don't see nor the rest of the world. Yet, don't you dare go out and own any of these material gains. You are to remain poor and send all your money to JW.Org so they can have it all.

LL

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

For our assembly hall, we suddenly have extremely manicured grounds with placards describing the types of flowers in each different area. Why in the world do we need that? It's outrageous

You can say that again! Wow! And they have the audacity to cry out that they need more money? Also, what exactly does the jw.cult give back to it's followers in the form of financial support in their times of need? Absolutely NOTHING! Zilch, ZERO. The money-grab from these power-hungry charlatans really is at an all-time high. I really hope the TV/internet broadcasting shows the poor pee-ons how their hard-earned money is being spent, and it's NOT being used to help poor Andre in Liberia with Ebola.

What a rip-off this cult is. Scientology has got some serious competition in the "who's the looniest cult" category. UGH.

- Wing Commander

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For the first time that I recall -- EVER -- our One Day Assembly ended in a deficit and donations did not cover the "costs" of the assembly.

NO PROBLEM!

The Circuit just sent a letter to each Congregation at that assembly stating that the Congs had to make up the deficit on a "per publisher" basis. Simply put, "Your Congregation of 100 publishers should pass a resolution to pay $450.00 ($4.50/pub) to cover these necessary expenses."

So much for VOLUNTARY DONATIONS.

Doc

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit