One Day assembly in Arizona- $17,000 !!

by AndDontCallMeShirley 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Does anybody here ever try to get this sort of information out to the general public ?,via TV current affair shows , talk back shows on radio , who are always looking for scandals and cover ups etc.

Smiddy, no one cares (but us -- former JWs). Editors look for something that will sell newspapers. NO ONE cares about the 1/10% of JWs in the population as long as they aren't waking them up on Sat/Sun morning.

Doc

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Back in the 60's and early 70's there was one high school in our area that gave us their facility for free--and assemblies were 3 days back then.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Just had our assembly. One day. 2500 attendance. Cost $24000. Somebody's getting greedy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wow that is getting greedy, there now pushing for all they can. Not sure why do to lawsuits or their seeing some thing thats telling them they're running out of time I don't know. Sure wish I did and it would be great if more insiders came out and told us what really going on. Maybe with all this coverup stuff going on someone on the inside will get sick of it like Barbara Anderson did and came out telling us the details..

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I would love to know what's going on. Something definitly changed recently regarding money. I don't remember it being this blatant in the past.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

A stupid number. i do not donate one cent. (I admit is occasionaly give money to the 'dog' for the blind in the store. Thats about it.

No one asks me anything. Oh I vote yes in the congregation for funds... if those fools want to pay more money so be it... i don't

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

D O C Ha Ha- I remember an elders meeting at the Assembly hall when I DARED to raise my hand and ask a clarification of some wild expenses and non standard accounting. DAGERS FLEW FROM THE EYES OF THE D.O., C.O. and City overseer. How dare anyone ask a reasonable question.- Of course they would not answer the question. The looks on some Elders faces ranged from" whoo boy he's in for it" to APOSTATE!

I was still a believer at that point and didn't understand simple Watchtower math $500 + $600 = YOU OWE US not $1,100 but $11,000 )

Later I dared to ask a Circuit Overseer why don't we just use the local Fair Grounds for $1200 for the weekend rather than drive 4 hrs and stay in a hotel to spend 5-10 times that much at the assigned JW assembly Hall. - I got the same eye daggers & and a terse remark!! LOL

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

$17000 in Arizona? That's ridiculous by California standards even. How many of them attended? Jumping greenbacks! What did the rent? A Republican convention? That's a years salary for quite a portion of Ari's. population.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

It is still beyond comprehension to us how they can conscientiously ask the publishers for so many thousands & thousands of $$$'s for their own assembly hall!!!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You have got to wonder what is going on. But the sad thing about it all is that those who most need to know this are totally and completely unaware.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit