Walking Dead, evidently a hit show

by nonjwspouse 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gregor
    Gregor

My wife thinks it's great. Thank goodness we have more than one TV.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Season 5 hasn't started here yet!

Cant wait though!

Hooked on the show!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Another one hooked here. This season's first episode ramped up the 'Eww' factor and grabbed your attention by the throat (in more ways than one).

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Never thought I'd be into a Zombie show...I waited a couple of years before giving it a try. It's a great show. Suspense, & wonderful character development / writing.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

"I Am Legend" with Will Smith is great! It was the first modern Zombie movie I watched while waking up from JW propaganda about demonic movies. The most exciting/frightening part of the film, the first time I watched it, was when his dog ran into the dark building filled with zombies and he went in with his flashlight . . . man, that was an adrenaline high!

Loved it, as well as Omega Man for its time period.

(My wife even let my boys watch I Am Legend - that was a pleasant shock)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Oct 11 (Reuters) - A teenager playing a zombie at a Halloween-themed corn maze was killed after falling under the event's "Zombie Slayer Paintball Bus," authorities said on Saturday, as the northwestern Idaho attraction's patrons thought it was just part of the act.

Jeremy T. McSpadden Jr., 18, appeared to die instantly after falling under the rear passenger wheels of the bus on Friday night, stumbling as he emerged wearing a mask and hockey gloves to run toward the bus from his hiding place in the maze.

Inside the rocking vehicle, which was creeping forward on uneven terrain, nobody immediately realized what had happened, authorities said. The attraction's riders had paid to shoot at the attacking zombies, pretending to slay them with paintball guns mounted outside the windows of a modified school bus.

"Everyone just thought it was part of the act," said Sgt. Ward Crawford, a traffic team supervisor with the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office in Idaho.

He said the other zombie players realized what happened after the bus moved on and the teenager from Spokane Valley, Washington, remained motionless.

This was the first year for the zombie attraction at the Incredible Corn Maze in Hauser, Idaho, located about 30 minutes from Spokane.

Authorities said in an media release that they did not believe alcohol was a factor.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Yep I'm a fan! I watched Season 5 premier and the first scenes were a little disturbing.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I watched one and a half seasons and found the plot to be too repetitious. Survivors find safety. Survivors look for zombies. Zombies appear. Survivors fight zombies. Must find new shelter. Survivors move. Repeat (with slight variations in subplot). Maybe I'll try again one day.

• Gregor
    Gregor

"I watched one and a half seasons and found the plot to be too repetitious..."

Same here. I also got bored with the special effects gore and, as you note, repititious plot line. Ho-hum

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Tres, I never even had reason to attrempt to watch it until I found an interest because of a person in there. Otherwise, I still wouldnt have seen any of it!

I didn't get through the whole show. I guess if I actually want to watch it I'll need to see the episodes before it, but that is a heckofalot of zombie watching for someone who is entirely too much of a weenie to be watching the graphic ( even though sometimes silly) gore of this show. Oh the nightmares I will be inviting!

Nothing like a familial motivator. How can I not try when E is actually in it and it is such a huge hit. (Not a soul would recognise him sans makeup, kinda a strange feeling for him I guess) The show being a hit really suprised me. I thought it was a more local kind of show ( to Atlanta) or something, until recently.

After the people here have been trying to convey the reasons the show is good, I will try to focus on those things. Who knows, maybe I will end up getting hooked myself, though at this point I see that as unlikely haha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit