Walking Dead, evidently a hit show

by nonjwspouse 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Not my cup o tea for sure, but I found out my nephew is a regular zombie on the show.

Anyone here like the show? I'm kinda afraid to even watch it ...my imagination is a bit to active. I saw a tiny bit and oh.my.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

From season 3 it got better.

The lead brit actors heavy american drawl is an annoying distraction that still annoys in each episode for me. But that's becuase I know what he normally sounds like LOL.

Meh, some good stuff, some crap. I do wish they would get the physics right, ... you cant poke a blunt crowbar thru a zombies head with just a moderate thrust.

watching just makes me want to play DAYZ

• Antioch
    Antioch

I'm a fan. I just caught up with all of season 4 and really wanted to see the season 5 opener tonight.

Although at times it feels like a "man's" soap opera, just one never ending story of relationships, death and zombie killing with no real end ever to be found in sight, it can also have some interesting explorations in madness, family, survival, brotherhood and group dynamics.

I hear the actual comic that it's based on is really good.

It's not bad.

On the topic of TV shows, you should check out The Wire, Breaking Bad, and True Detective. By far the best tv ever put out so far.

• talesin
    talesin

Very cool that your nephew has a regular gig on the show! Congrats to him. :))

I don't watch it - zombie stuff gives me nightmares.

tal

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Well Tal I attampted to watch the first time tonight ONLY because Eric was onthere, but O.M.G. um NOT going to watch it again. WAY too much gory violence for me. My imagination is much to active. Oh what nightmares I will now expect to have. UGH . I caught sight of him once, and that was enough. I did it. Now I am done! eeek

Antioch, are those shows filled with gore and violence,? If not I'll give them a try.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

"Evidently"? oh wait...I'm used to that meaning something else...

Any way, YES, it's a very big hit and what I love most about it is the character development that has happened over each season. You obviously need to suspend disbelief because the whole premise is ludicrous but the people make it truly great.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

One of the best shows I have ever watched!

It highlights human nature in the face of adversities, as well as how we treat one another if times get tough.

It also shows what mindless zombies can do when whipped into a fervour! (Think ...... average witness!)

• talesin
    talesin

I really liked the cop series "The Shield" (some violence, but not tons), and haven't watched The Wire yet. Breaking Bad is a TERRIFIC drama and story is excellent - you'll laugh, you'll get a tear in your eye. There is some violence at times, but it's all about the tale, and I recommened it, too. :D

Another really good drama I've been watching is Nurse Jackie.

haha, I'm recently housebound and was never a TV watcher, so now I try to find good ones. The prison drama OZ was one of my fav shows ever, too (HBO).

:)

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Well poopsie that means I would have to watch it enough to actually follow along. I just don't see how I can do that! Just the part I saw tonight was really sickening. Plus a bit goofy like WMF noted. Watching just the part I saw I could not find out what in the heck was going on. I guess I need to ask the kids, they must be keeping up with it.

But still, ewwwwww. I don't even go to the movies anymore just on the chance there is some gore in them. Ii am a weenie, I know. ;-)

Ok I;'ll check thouse out tal. I don't watch much TV either, but on occasion I have a chance to.

• stuckinarut2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit