Walking Dead, evidently a hit show

by nonjwspouse 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• undercover
    undercover

Every male fan of the show has a 'man crush' on Daryl.... just man up and admit it.

I was hooked on episode one and haven't missed one since. Last night's episode was INTENSE

"I Am Legend" with Will Smith is great! It was the first modern Zombie movie I watched while waking up from JW propaganda about demonic movies. The most exciting/frightening part of thefilm, the first time I watched it, was when his dog ran into the dark building filled with zombies and he went in with his flashlight . . . man, that was an adrenaline high!

You should try out 'The Omega Man' with Charleton Heston. Not as slick as today's movies (around 1970 or so), and was another of Chuck's B-grade, end of the world, soylent green is people, movies, but Anthony Zerbe as the leader of the 'zombies' looking to kill Heston was creepy...and Heston's symbolic role of Christ, complete with being crucified at the end is interesting.

• Terry
    Terry

ZOMBIES call together a constituency of wide interests.

Horror enthusiasts, survivalists, 2nd Amendment lovers, conspiracy theorists, unhappy campers, adventure seekers, and sociology students :)

As long as this show maintains the balance between zombie danger and soap opera human angst, I'm fine with it.

I prefer less sopa opera, however.

I would rate the series pretty high.

It is often exceptional and only infrequently disappointing.

Sort of like life itself.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Every male fan of the show has a 'man crush' on Daryl.... just man up and admit it.

Guilty as charged.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Lurker you wally stop leaving blank posts on my login! Walking Dead is amazing!

Also if you like that kind of thing we have just started watching a series called The Strain which is pretty good but a bit gruesome.

• talesin
    talesin

UC - the Will Smith movie is a remake of the old Heston movie, and yeah! Anthony Zerbe played a good role. He played a similar one on an old ST episode, too

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's one of my favourite shows, looking forward to tonight's episode.

• TD
    TD

Both The Omega Man and I Am Legend are based on Richard Matheson's 1954 novel. Between the two, I Am Legend is far truer to the book.

• talesin
    talesin

Tks, TD, I knew there was a book ..........

• undercover
    undercover

I knew Omega Man and the movie I Am Legend were based on the same book, but I've never read the book (though I would like to). I had heard that Will Smith's movie was truer to the book than Omega Man, but Will Smith is no Charleton Heston. And I saw Omega Man as a kid, so it left a pretty big impression. I was 'eh' on Will Smith's movie.

• TD
    TD

There's things I like about both versions. For me, the whine of the blower on the Shelby GT in the first couple minutes of I Am Legend is worth watching all by itself. The movie has recently been rereleased with an alternate ending that is better IMHO because it ties in with things earlier in the movie that are extraneous in the theatrical release. (e.g. The Alpha Zombie draws a butterfly on the glass in blood and crud because he wants his mate back, which ties in with Marley Neville saying, "Look Daddy, a butterfly" much earlier in the film.)

But it's tough to beat Anthony Zerbe for sheer creepiness or Charlton Heston's portrayal of the emotional turmoil of Robert Neville.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit