Is This ALL the Society Meant By Big Stuff Coming?

by millie210 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Ok, internet TV, some new songs and updates on a couple obscure prophecies no one cares about... is that all?

I for one was so disappointed at the smallness of it.

I guess I bought the hype that when they said "big", they meant it.

Big would have been a hard look being taken at the disfellowshipping arrangement.

Or an updated more scripturally accurate stand on blood.

Maybe a better arrangement than the existing elder arrangement?

I have heard the suggestion (from elders) that a good revamp would involve making only a few elders per circuit responsible for hearing judicial cases. This would leave the elders free to be shepherds (what they are supposed to be anyway but arent) and allow for careful training and supervision of the ones deciding the future of our young people who happen to fall in to their hands. This would prevent a measure of the cavalier decision making that goes on since it would be easier to monitor and see who is responsible for what.

Instead of anything which would cause me to take a second look or think they are serious about the Bible, we get a lame TV station and some songs?

Oh! And we get to know who Gog isnt?

I could not be more under whelmed.

So my question is: is this IT?

Was this what all the excitement and hoopla was about or is there more to come?

I hope someone can tell me they are leading with the shallow stuff and bringing out the deep stuff next.

Otherwise this hallmark 100 year date is starting to remind me of a toddlers birth day party.

A few glittery crowns, some cake and they are happy. It takes a little more to impress once they are over the age of 3 or 4.

So is the fake and glitter all of "the big changes" or is there more still to come?

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Well, there is still the Zone Visit in November. Perhaps more tidbits will be dropped from mother's ass.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

And we get to know who Gog isnt?

Yeah, right. A lot of information there.

Gog also isn't: Santa Claus, Ghandi, a pair of handcuffs, Park Avenue, Tahiti, copper tubing, linoleum, Han Solo, spaghetti, or a 1970 Volvo P1800 Coupe.

Actually, it is possible that Gog is spaghetti, now that I think about it.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This won't be the end of the changes. The WTS has created a culture in which change is the only thing that keeps the R/F going. It's the only thing that causes any excitement. They have to keep finding random shit to change, because that's what the religion is about, now more than ever.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think the TVInternet channel is actually a pretty big deal And there's more changes still coming. We brothers just found out that we have to use a "householder" for our #3 parts

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/286321/1/Implications-of-Dropping-Types-Anti-Types

I think this is it here: dropping type and antitype mindset.

This has implications that have yet to be fully felt, but I suspect will in the years to come.

Maybe this Dub TV is a distraction from this real bombshell.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

a good revamp would involve making only a few elders per circuit responsible for hearing judicial cases.

Those sumbitches would be REALLY BUSY around these parts.

Doc

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Of course not. They're just whetting people's appetites for the real news- they're bringing back the Hoagie sandwich for next summer's District Convention.

• sir82
    sir82

I expect the November US zone visit to have something else. That is a more closely controlled event - virtually all US JWs get the message direct from "mother" over about a 24 hour period.

Less time for wild rumors, speculation, misinterpretation, etc.

Look at the (apparently) erroneous info posted on this board about "10 hour pioneers" and "no more local needs" - stuff like that is even circulating on pro-JW websites & FB pages.

If there is anything (relatively) revolutionary, I would think they'd save it for that event.

That said, I expect to be utterly underwhelmed by whatever drivel they roll our at the ZV.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit