Is This ALL the Society Meant By Big Stuff Coming?

by millie210 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

So IF this is all there is in the way of "BIG" then I have to wonder how this ties in with making money.

Keeping numbers up and making money....those are the two primary goals, right?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

My bet is "phasing out printed literature" is the answer.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What do you expec from old guys that dance on the Bethel table when they discover there is Blueberries in their oatmeal. The GB perception of Big Stuff is not some ordinary person expects. They are in a different world all of their own.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

ah cookery programmes.......food at the proper time ..no doubt...

• millie210
    millie210

I for one will wait and see how this ties in to making more money.

I am still thinking about the thread we had recently of a brother that sold his invention to the Society. Didnt it have something to do with telecommunication?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It wasn't an invention. He owned a company that installs dark fiber, used for wiring local networks, and the Society bought it, apparently to use it to hook up Warwick.

It is probably all related, though. The Society is going digital because print is too expensive. Having a heavy-duty network at Warwick will allow them to push video around faster between buildings/departments, and maybe to stream events live from the HQ like the AGM in 2013 was streamed from the Stanley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit