New December KM with changes all over

by pixel 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I love this announcement on page 8 :

'Beginning January 1, 2015, the arrangement for congregations to use the first Saturday of each month to concentrate on starting Bible studies will be discontinued. Instead, publishers may offer magazines as they do on other Saturdays.We can offer Bible studies anytime during the month, using magazines or other study publications.'

Let me guess...this arrangement has served its intended purpose!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What I get out of the opening post is that JW's now allow 2 whole minutes for the Bible Highlights and limit the remaining 6 minutes for a bunch of 30-second comments. In other words, a Bible-based religion is minimizing any chance that people will have time to realize what the Bible says and will only have time to restate what some Watchtower publication said about it.

Even the reading was too long so they now will give it 3 minutes.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Will we have to wait until a new songbook is printed before we can begin using the new songs? No. We are pleased to inform you that over the next several months, a number of new songs will be released on our Web site, jw.org. When a new song is released, it will be scheduled at the end of a Service Meeting with the notation “new song.” In future months when a new song is scheduled to conclude the Service Meeting, the congregation will listen once to the piano recording. The audience will then sing the song along with the piano recording, as we do for the other songs.

Am I being thick or does this not mean that only those favoured few with tablets will have the song before them, if they have downloaded it?

The singing could be a tad wek that night.. Another step in freezing out those without the hi tech equipment

• Terry
    Terry

My old best friend (still a JW after fifty years) is famous (infamous, actually) for ADDING historical details and sidebars to his comments.

Everybody's eyes roll.

Now, by cutting comments down to thirty seconds--old fools with something interesting and factual to say are eliminated.

Nice going, Pharisees.

• jdubsnub
    jdubsnub

It's amazing how they have cut back actual readings of the Bible and discussion of specific verses over the years. Isn't that the whole purpose of meeting together? Aren't we supposed to discuss scriptures? They dedicate 3 minutes or less to actually reading the bible. Absolutely ridiculous!

• prologos
    prologos

The thirty seconds bible comments are not new. By the time the ueber sister says " and on Numereuteronomy x,chapter y the wt of anno domini explains:"--- only a few seconds are left: the echo.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Am I being thick or does this not mean that only those favoured few with tablets will have the song before them, if they have downloaded it?

The singing could be a tad wek that night.. Another step in freezing out those without the hi tech equipment

Either that, or they'll have to print out the new songs from the website. In any event, they must have some access to tech in order to keep up.

I think it's a test to see if they get any push-back. They've already 'encouraged' people to print out the first chapter of the 'gods love' book when we started studying it not too long ago. That must've gone well enough and now they're pushing a little harder...instead of just having slightly out-of-date information if you don't print it yourself, you won't have the songs at all. Next they'll have entire publications that are online-only.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Counsel: The school overseer will use two minutes after each student’s presentation to give commendation as well as constructive counsel based on Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education. When the school overseer introduces a student’s part on the program, he will not announce the point of counsel the student is working on. After each presentation, the overseer should give the student sincere commendation, announce the point of counsel the student is working on and state specifically why the student did well on that point or kindly explain why it would be beneficial for the student to give that particular point further attention.

This was not a very 'loving provision' from the faithful slave, was it? At our last midweek meeting, every person on the school was publically told that they needed to "work on that", and hinted at why they had not passed.. You should have seen their sad, depressed looking faces.

One of them looked most displeased. The sister who had just been publically counselled that she "needed to work on that for next time".. was the School Overseer's wife

• jhine
    jhine

Don't elders have a responsibility to the flock . ? I do not know of any other denonmiation where everything is online ( this is to save money ?)However in my church if information that was needed for worship or study was online the person in charge would print off copies for people .

Does it not occur to elders to do this for those without access to tablets?

Why does new " understanding " of scripture mean having to change lyrics ?. I can think of several older members of my church who would be up in arms if the words of some of the hymns that they had been singing since the flood were changed !

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit