New December KM with changes all over

by pixel 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 88JM
    88JM
    Bible Highlights: Brothers assigned this part will have two minutes...

They're really removing all instances of any actual bible discussion these days aren't they? The bible highlights is probably the final remaining instance where brothers are pretty much given free reign to pick the points they want and try to make them interesting. Every other so-called "discussion" involves sticking to assigned material in a publication. You'll certainly never see anything remotely complicated or deep doctrine ever discussed again at a midweek meeting.

That makes me wonder how long they'll continue with a Sunday public talk. How long before that is replaced by a weekly JW TV broadcast from the GB?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Richard_I - I too always imagine elders on stage doing a number two. I saw it most nights in an anti-typical way.

Elders doing a number 2 on stage.... Good times.

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

I'm now even more uncomfortable giving talks at the hall. SMH

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

OMG what the heck!! Im already tired of sitting through the meeting s. Now I have to act on stage too. Smh

• blondie
    blondie

Of course we are assuming any makes a comment on the Bible reading. For years it w as the same sisters who gave a comment every TMS. Some times no one at all.

My husband was the TMS overseer and found that many elders showed up unprepared or not at all forgetting to tell him they were on the road for their job. So he prepared every week just in case. No one prepares to comment on the Bible reading....that would mean they would have to read it first. I can remember jws saying they did not need to read it because the scriptures had been in the publications already.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

The GB cannot accept the fact that most are not having an evening worship with their family. We all are just so happy that they did away with a mtg, now they want us to spend it doing the same thing as before? NOPE!

It doesn't matter how they present it, my family and I will along with so many other JW families only comply with the mid-week and the Sunday mtg. That's more than enough, really.

GC

• label licker
    label licker

So, does that mean there are no sister parts where everyone would doze off while they would do their gabbing. Can't remember what number talk that was.

• prologos
    prologos

On Blondie's comment. The bible-reading comment by elders cut back to 2 minutes (if this is real) is realistic, because:

Instructions are that the speaker PICK ONE SCRIPTURE, or two, out of the weekly reading material and comment on it using LOCAL NEEDS criteria. This was rarely a well-thought out part, done by the Company men.

As Blondie implied, an astute 'up-and-coming' could be ready with one scripture picked, winging it, and make the senior staff look redundant

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Unbelievable!

Really strange changes.....for change sake.......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why is it necessary to revise the songs in the songbook? Because they are all sxxx, that's why. And the new ones probably will be just as bad. They are better off throwing the whole smutbook out. As for donating for them, I would avoid wasting the money on this crap.

If you want music, I have numerous suggestions. Michael Jackson's Thriller and The Eagles' Greatest volume 1 are the top selling albums, and Led Zeppelin's box set is the biggest selling boxed set of all time for a good reason. Even as wimpy as they are, even the lamest of today's songs on the radio will beat out any Kingdumb malady.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit