New December KM with changes all over

by pixel 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

If you want music, I have numerous suggestions. Michael Jackson's Thriller and The Eagles' Greatest volume 1 are the top selling albums, and Led Zeppelin's box set

In reality, Alvin and The Chipmunks would be a step up from Kingdumb Maladies

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

WTF! They had a certain day of the month where they were instructed to only try to start bible studies? I never heard about that. LOL How controlling can they get before people wake the f up.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

WTF! They had a certain day of the month where they were instructed to only try to start bible studies? I never heard about that. LOL How controlling can they get before people wake the f up.

Yup, the first saturday of every month we were told to go out and ask people if they want a free home bible study* instead of the normal presentation. I don't know a single person that actually did it, though. Everyone but maybe a few suck-ups, elders and pioneers just offered the magazines like usual.

*study will not primarily use the bible, and the cost is exorbitant, it's just not an up-front cost.

• fastJehu
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

Many people believe that evolution explains how life began

No, that is Abiogenesis.

Evolutionary biology deals with speciation. This Evolutionary Biology is the "Decades of research" that you mentioned.

• Comatose
    Comatose

2 things:

1 - I offered bible studies on that day when I was in, not to suck up but because it was such a easy way to do service. When I was in, I felt that knocking a total of maybe 8 doors where I would talk was wasting my time. No one took magazines. If they did then you made RV's that went no where. So the bible study saturday was great for me. I would do the almost outright ask routine.

"Many people have always had questions about really important questions in life. I spend personal time studying the bible with people who are interested in what it has to say about many questions we have all wondered. Would you be interested in a free home bible study?"

"Uhhhhh no thanks."

Door over.

2 - The way they continually portray evolution as the start of life, is outright deceitful. They know what they are doing. The writers are not that dumb. They purposefully want to appeal to people who think in an uneducated way.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, they're right! Lots of people think that evolution explains how life began because they haven't read the definition of "evolution", they're called Witnesses! The "others who aren't so sure" are the ones who could have sworn that there was another concept for that called "a... bio... something".

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Maybe we could start the meetings with "Go your own Way" by Fleetwood Mac!

Dwain

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

That #3 talk is essentially a "demo" every week. I vehemently hate doing demos. I have no problem giving talks, but please, not demos. I think I will take myself off the school finally.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There must be a number of things broken with this organization for there to be soo many changes in recent weeks, months and years.

Makes a person wonder what additional things they'll attempt to fix at the upcoming November 8th and 9th 'zone' or 'branch' meeting, whatever the hell their calling it.

One thing is for certain...this organization is for sure broken and damaged goods!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit