Preparation for Dateline & online interest

by Kismet 44 Replies latest social current

• Sunchild
    Sunchild
    But I think there is just so much hate and "anti-WT" in this whole issue that it won't have a significant direct impact on JWs. They'll feel it when they go to the doors.

I agree, and it doesn't matter much to me if this piece changes any JW minds or not. They're not the ones I'm most worried about.

I hope the Dateline airing saves at least one person from screwing up their lives and/or their families' lives by joining the Borg in the first place. If that one thing can happen, it's good enough for me.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I know that when I first started lurking, I was put off by the sex threads. Now that I'm used to them, I rather enjoy it! But I do agree that the most important thing is getting witnesses to open their eyes, they need to see this as an informative and welcoming site.

Simon...Desmond?

Free

• freedomhouse3
    freedomhouse3

There is a Klingon proverb that states, "Revenge is a dish that is best served when cold."

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

if this "Dateline" report forces the Watchtower Society to change it's policy regarding molestation, thereby preventing the molestation of one child, then everybody is a victor.....

and Farkel, you never cease to crack me up....

"Are we still on for Armageddon this October?"
    God, NOT October, I have the COOLEST Halloween costume......

• larc
    larc

Well, let us hope that this public exposure will force them to start protecting the innocent children. Nurturing and protecting chidren is a part of the mission of all religions.

Let us hope that the general public will be better educated about the damage that this religion can cause, and it will inoculate them from the infection of the Jehovah's Witness influence.

Let us hope that it will help the Jehovah's Witnesses that are troubled by the internal problems of their religion to now have the courage to leave it.

I think that much good will come from this program. I don't think it will topple the religion, but I think it will help thousands of people make better choices in their lives and thereby, give them a better future.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

The way I see it, the Dateline program will have its effect slowly - Having the dubs be confronted with this issue as they do their "service time" every week. I am hoping that this is only the first in a series of news reports from ALL NewsMedia sources. The bigger it gets in the newsmedia the more "Bible studies" will dry up.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I personally believe the impact of Dateline will be more subtle. We have endeavored for the last year to prove the problem of WT Policy exists while WT has steadfastly denied there was any problem and all allegations were false. The press to date has in my opinion established about two thirds of the idea there must be a smoking gun here. With the airing of the Dateline program I believe we will get the final third. That is, the problem is real.

The victism/survivors will be much more inclined to be believed when they come forward and WT will be less able to bully them into silence.

That friends should be enough, that alone should help many people. The program is only going to be 30 minutes, only so much can be said and hopefully it will be enough to accomplish the above. I agree with Kismet we should be careful what we say the next few days to make sure any who want to look at this matter see a clear picture.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2
    The program is only going to be 30 minutes

Why so little time?

• larc
    larc

Newlight,

I know we would wish there was more time, but think of it this way, some stories only get a 3 minute sound bite on national television. A lot can be said in 30 minutes. Most stories on 60 minutes only get about ten minutes, but they are a powerful ten minutes. Have hope my brother.

• Simon
    Simon

No on has got it yet ... may be the clue was too obscure so I'll make it a bit clearer:

Gnashing ... Gnasher ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit