Preparation for Dateline & online interest

by Kismet 44 Replies latest social current

• Kismet
    Kismet

Dateline is just 24 hours (give or take) away. I really do expect to see a great deal of online activity as people search for more information. JWD is likely going to be one of the most visited due to the large amount of information posted here on the subject, much by Silentlambs themselves.

I also expect to see people visiting Randy's excellent site as well as Watchtower Observer for copies of documentation,news articles, etc. Who knows even H20 must see some new visitors?

In view of the above I would like to ask that people give serious thought about what they are posting over the next few days. Could I ask all forum operators to use your individual discretion on what you allow to be posted during this influx, raising the standard slightly if needed?

Specifically I am thinking that it would be best if questioning JW's and reporters aren't confronted by sex threads etc, when they come to these forums looking for information about sexually abused kids.

Could some of the essay writers repost some of your best work? Jan, Alan Farkel Norm? To have your research/works highlighted right now would be a good thing IMO.

PLEASE, now is not the best time to continue old battles, taking cheap shots at people, etc. It would be great if we all could make the information relevent to the SilentLambs issue more accessible and prominent to anyone coming to our boards.

Please give this some thought.

Kismet

(I am cross-posting this to a couple of JW - related boards. I realize this goes against some policies but I hope the topic will allow for some leeway in this regard)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

If I were Simon, I would give some thought about new registrations for the first 24 hours after Dateline---or something along those lines.

Maybe we can put up a thread with email addreses and phone numbers of those willing to be 'on call' after Dateline. I may put up my cellphone just for that.

I hope Bill is ready for the onslaught.

It's the calm before the storm, folks!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Excellent idea kismet

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

With all due respect to Kismet and others,

I disagree that anybody should ever put on a display in order to make an impression. I doubt that this show will have the type of affect you hypothesize but if it does the JW mindset will not be swayed even by logic and reason, let alone the removal of all swear words and sex talk. Everyone will find their way and make up their own mind. No need to put out the fine china to impress anyone. This board already speaks for itself in it's tolerance and freedom of expression. I do not think this is such a nice tidy place like a KH or library. This is an open forum that just happens to be populated by many XJW's and others who are interested in the topics we discuss. I've never appreciated the attempts to "police" the honest expressions of those who post here. I do support what seems to be the majority opinion about civility and good form. But I don't see the necessity to suddenly restrict what words we use or the topics we choose to participate in. People can take it or leave it, JW or not.

End of critical response.

Sean

• moman
    moman

"Freedom of expression" is what we are about!
    Lets not get "Watchtowerish"!

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

I take this as, Please use a little discretion, this is an important issue.

I got it, it was that simple.

SUSCARRA

• You Know
    You Know

I hate to tell you but most people are going to be watching the Lakers and the Kings NBA playoff game. / You Know

• Francois
    Francois

You hope, You Know.

Regardless of the synthetic reality on the other channel, I'd say that far more people watch the Dateline piece than there are JWs in the entire world. And you know about bad news, right? Travels fast. Look at all the people who missed the first stories about the Catholic Church. They aren't missing anything now.

Then there's the follow up by other news agencies. Everyone will want to pile on a juicy story like this.

I predict this is only the first instance of what we call in the South comeuppance. The WTBTS is about to get some comeuppance. It's about time.

Francois

• sf
    sf

Robert,

Join us apostates in yahoo tomorrow night, why don't you? Cams will be up, directed towards tv screens.

Dateline airs AFTER the playoffs. You Know this. Don't ACT stupid. You aren't.

sKally, who saw two more promo's today on ch. 4 re: tuesdays program

Too many 'lambs'!

• Simon
    Simon

Good thinking Kismet

I plan on staying up late that night (or gettin up early) so I can keep an eye on things and will also email a few people my phone no. (y'know how you stay up and close your eye for 5 minutes and next thing it's morning? ...)

I will be online on messenger too: [email protected]

(a worthless prize for the first person to guess what the 'd' stands for )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit