David? :)

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Dog?

Sean

• Farkel
    Farkel

YK,

: I hate to tell you but most people are going to be watching the Lakers and the Kings NBA playoff game. / You Know

This must be Jehovah's will, then. Tell me, does Jehovah prefer the Lakers or the Kings? If he prefers the Lakers and the Kings win, does that mean Jehovah is not involved in man's affairs, or is your Jehovah just a wimpy God? If he's not involved in man's affairs, then he's not directing anyone or anything, including the GB. If he IS involved in man's affairs, then he is pretty powerless to do much.

Curious minds need to know these things, YK and since you act like you speak for God, I'm sure you'll enlighten us.

Are we still on for Armageddon this October? I need to mark my calendar, just like I've done every year per-your-instructions for the last five years. I would hate to end up getting busy doing something else and MISS Armageddon, you know. After all, these things only happen once in human history, and I don't want to miss it. Again.

Farkel

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Please understand that I really respect everyones opinions here. I know many are hopeful that this Dateline show will open up some gaping hole in the WTS and result in a flood of escaping members who finally have an excuse to leave. But have you all forgotten how difficult it was to question your own long held beliefs? Have you forgotten that the WTS holds a heavy hand and scares the hell out of anyone who tries to leave with the threat of DF and shunning?

I just don't agree that this show is going to have such a huge and dramatic affect on this site or other "apostate" sources. I do think it will help some people to finally take steps to leave but it takes time when you're scared to death of losing everything. Even after I realized it was all crap it took me a while before I was comfortable speaking out against these men who have the power to ruin my family.

Maybe I will be proved wrong. I hope so. At any rate, I won't be staying up nights waiting for my local dubs to call me and admit they are wrong. And I wish you all the best, whatever happens. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a more thorough media investigation of the practices of the WTS corporation.

Here's to a successful Dateline piece.

Sean

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sean,

I understand your concern, but consider this: if DateLine only sows a seed of doubt in thousands of JW minds about their "spiritual paradise" and "clean" condition, I will be happy. It will open their minds up to the possibility of other chinks in their armor. It took me many years of such "seeds" before I finally put it all together. I don't think any rational JW critic thinks there is going to be a mass-exodus from the Watchtower religion on the morning after DateLine airs.

Farkel

• Quincy
    Quincy

I think one or 2 things are gonna happen....the first thing is....there are gonna be the ones that are saying..."those apostates" and "thats the devil/evil"....then again...it might open the eyes up for some JW's.....

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    think "weeping and gnashing of teeth"!?!

Could it be...Dante?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The Dateline thing is a little bit of payback for apostates.. a little bit of public humilation for the WT. Deep down I think we all want a little justice and a little revenge. I don't think that is wrong.

But I think there is just so much hate and "anti-WT" in this whole issue that it won't have a significant direct impact on JWs. They'll feel it when they go to the doors.

Path

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Hello SeanKen...does your Dad know about Dateline airing Tuesday? His phone number has changed. Richard R was trying to call him to let him know. We haven't heard from him for a while, at least since he moved.

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

I agree Farkel.

BTW, Stone Philips just said tomorrow's Dateline is at 8:00 EST, 7:00 CST. So, I'll set my VCR for 8:00 here.

Hi Mrs. Rocky, I'll call my Dad right now. I'll e-mail his number to you. He only uses a cell phone now. See ya.

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit