October 2nd, 2014: The World Ends Tomorrow, Taking all Bets!

by Oubliette 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CrimsonAshes
  • bohm
    bohm

argh jesus is in the sky with a flamin swo..

sorry it was just a cloud. Did the world come to an end in a more sinfull region yet?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

an extreemly pivotal date and thanks for starting a thread on this , I just want to know what Jesus Christ has been doing "ruling" from heaven for 100 years?

• smiddy
    smiddy

October the 2nd 2014 doesnt happen simultaneously all round the earth at the same time , on opposite sides of the world , it will be , depending on where you live either yesterday, today , or tomorrow , depending on your time zone.

So , I would have liked to have placed a reverse trifecta bet that it will not occur on the 1st , 2nd , or 3rd , day of October 2014.

smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Oubliette:

β€œOn October 2, 1914, Charles Taze Russell, founder of the WatchTower, announced that β€œThe Gentile Times have ended!”

2 October 1914 corresponds to 12 Tishri on the Hebrew calendar. The equivalent date for 2014 would be 6 October. At which time, nothing remarkable will happen.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Awww , oub, Enzo called you an analist.

That's fighting talk where I come from!

• Onager
    Onager

Well, the blood was coming up to the window of my car this morning, which is about the height of a bridle on a horse.

At least I think it was blood. Might have been autumn leaves...

• Azazel
    Azazel

Well a couple of Jdubs knocked on our door today , wish my also ex jw wife had asked them if today was the end of the error?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My bet is that nothing will happen. As the silver price got smashed down, I ordered yet another roll of impaired proof silver quarters (they are the cheapest quarters, mostly 90% silver state quarters that have been mishandled but are proofs). It will probably bumble around there or ooze down some more, with fluctuations between 15 and 24 toilet papers per ounce until the dollar becomes toilet paper next April or so.

But nothing special on October 2--save for my getting that roll of silver quarters.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ Enzo...it doesn't matter what Charles Taze Russel believed, he wasn't even part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave...he was demoted so he doesn't count anymore.

As for the world ending, it won't happen in October, God is a baseball fan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit