October 2nd, 2014: The World Ends Tomorrow, Taking all Bets!

by Oubliette 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

β€œOn October 2, 1914, Charles Taze Russell, founder of the WatchTower, announced that β€œThe Gentile Times have ended!”

Tomorrow will be exactly 100 years since his historic announcment.

To commemorate this Centennial occasion, I will gladly take bets in any amount of money that the world will NOT end tomorrow and that on Friday, October 3rd, 2014 GMT, we will still all be here, for better or worse.

Any die-hard JWs interested in taking the other side of this friendly little wager? Still hoping the Big "A" is coming tomorrow and your loving God, Jehovah, is going to commit mass genocide and execute 99.9% of Earth's population because they don't follow the dictates the 7 members of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave," aka, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

If so, then I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is.

We can both put our money into an escrow account. If I'm right, then on Friday morning I get to keep all of your money. But if you're right, then on Friday morning, you'll get my money, assuming you can get it out of the bank because everyone in the financial industry will be dead too!

I'll also be dead, so I won't care, will I.

Any takers?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I'm in... I'll wager my home...

• sir82
    sir82

But what if Armageddon does come? The winner of the bet would have no need for your money.

I like the idea, but there's no way for a JW believer to gain any benefit from winning the bet, so why would one take it?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So Caleb, You think Armageddon's coming tomorrow? Really?

OK, PM me the account numbers for your financial institutions and a copy of the deed to your home and an associate of mine from Nigeria will be in contact shortly. I will put matching funds into a trust account with directions that--in the event of my untimely death due to being executed by Jehovah God in the Biblical Event known as "Armageddon"--you will receive access to my funds. If I should die due to ANY OTHER MEANS (accident, murder, natural causes, an "act of God" not associated with a global cataclysm), my assets will pass to my surviving heirs as per my written Last Will and Testament.

Note, that you will only win the bet in the event of "Armageddon." In any event, I will win the bet and receive full title to your house.

Good luck!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82, it's simply a challenge to their faith. Why wouldn't they take the bet? They can only lose if Armageddon doesn't come. Isn't that what they are hoping and praying for? ?

The mass execution of billions of people all because they don't acknowledge the WTBTS as "God's Visible Organization on Earth"!

• sir82
    sir82

They can only lose if Armageddon doesn't come.

Yes, but there is nothing for them to win by taking the bet.

If someone offers you bet where the only possible outcomes are (1) lose money or (2) live in a world where money doesn't matter...what is your incentive to take the bet?

Or am I just being a spoilsport?

• Mary
    Mary

Gee, I'd love to place a bet, but I've already thrown all my gold into the street.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82, perhaps I should have posted this under the HUMOR category!

Mary, Mary, Mary .... tsk, tsk, tsk. What am I gonna' do with you girl?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I'll bet you one old truth book and raise you one old live forever book. Still Totally ADD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

October 2nd, 2014: The World Ends Tomorrow, Taking all Bets!

.............................I`ll Bet My Ass!!..

......................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/donkey.jpg

................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit