October 2nd, 2014: The World Ends Tomorrow, Taking all Bets!

by Oubliette 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

So how did CTR pick 10/2? If he based it on some Jewish event, wouldn't it change a little from year to year like the passover?

Add: Yom Kippur starts evening of 10/3 through evening of 10/4 this year.

• Mary
    Mary

Mary, Mary, Mary .... tsk, tsk, tsk. What am I gonna' do with you girl?

Lend me a couple of bars of gold? I promise to pay you back as soon as we get into the Noo System.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie, you're really not getting into the spirit of this thing.

Although the original date was based on the old Jewish calender, Jehovah God, in his infinite wisdom, evidently chose to convert all End Times prophecies to the modern Gregorian calendar.

Please try to keep up!

• blondie
    blondie

The jws I know would most likely bet on a football/soccer game.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie, true dat!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'll wager one extra day of everlasting life!!

DD

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I have a lot of money on my Buffs Saturday (cannot spare anymore $ Oubiette) and a really cute guy is coming with me to the game.

Please hold winds back 'till Sunday Hova...........Please let me have one more weekend of debauchery!!!

• Enzo
    Enzo

Charles Taze Russel, was a fervent supporter of making calculations, like other predecessors, in when exactly the rapture of the annointed ones would begin. I personally think that he was right in understanding that churches in his times where wrong about different teachings like to pray and adore idols, the infallibility of the pope... But he made a great mistake in interpreting the scriptures about the end Time trough a framework of abstract calculations. and when the world war started it was only a coincidence, because there was no rapture of annointed ones.. and so will it be on the second October of 2014,.. But you will find JW org, an organisation who will adapt themself within the years with their teachings at our society in wich we are living..like the Catholic Church..

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Why do you all think they think it'd be tomorrow? If we went by 100 years wouldn't that be numerology?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Enzo, as usual, you have completely missed the point of this thread.

You did, however say one thing with which I agree. Concerning CTR, you said, "I personally think that he was right in understanding that churches in his times where wrong about different teachings."

The only problem is that everything HE believed was also complete nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit