Come with me, back to the 1980s--you know want to.

by FlyingHighNow 82 Replies latest social entertainment

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what about the fabulous XTC?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Best music variety in the 80's Van Halen, Ratt, Iron maiden, Judas priest, Def leppard, Michael Jackson, Journey, Madonna, Crazy good new wave and punk bands. Country music sucked but then again it still does.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Yeah! Def Leppard......ARMAGGEDON IT! whoop whoop!!

• piztjw
    piztjw

The eighties?

A pretty well lost decade for me. I lived the life of the sixties - twenty years too late.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

My life changed big time in the 80's. I learned to drive, I was 30 believe it or not I waited that long, and for some reason got in to country music. Driving and country music seemed to go together, and no I wasn't driving a pickup truck. I think I got into country because as a child of the 60's with the Beatles and the British Invasion music that I loved, 70's rock music was just too loud and radical for me and I had stopped listening. Country seemed close to light rock. That also seemed the time when country was still country before so many cross over people started calling themselves country. But I did like some rock like Hootie and the Blowfish and I am really happy that the voice of that group, Darius Rucker, is now doing country. I also admit to liking Michael Jackson, but never, ever believed he was a practicing JW!

It was in 1984 that my JW hubby found another younger JW sweetie and I was on my own after 12 years of faithful wifedom. Went back to work, met new non-JW hubby, had my daughter and have never looked back. So while the 80's were briefly a bit of turmoil for me, they were also my years of freedom from the JWs.

• Violia
    Violia

Freakshow on the Dance Floor - Bar-Kays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FCYlGDAc4

Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8

She Drives me crazy- Fine young Cannibals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5N1teIJaW4

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I love the 80's! I went to see Depeche Mode, MC Hammer and Luther Vandross in concert. Culture Club, Rick Springfield, Flock of Seagulls, Michael Jackson, Prince, Jon Bon Jovi were some of my favorites. I met my hubby at school when i was 16 yrs. and he was 17 yrs.

I graduated high school in 1986. No college-never even considered it. And that is one of the few regrets I have in life.

It's funny to see some of the styles that were popular then come back in style today.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bon Jovi... Def Leppard... Van Halen... The Empire Strikes Back... Back to the Future... Aliens...

x

...and, uh...

x

...mullets?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Jook, love XTC.

Hey, everybody, post some pictures of you from the 1980s.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I can do without the 80's mullets.

Otherwise, great music. I like a weird mix between new wave and metal from the era. Bow Wow Wow still remains a favorite. I'd also say that Motley Crue's music has held up well on the metal side.

I really love that youtube exists. I can spend hours watching some of the great 80's guitar players talk about their guitars, show how to play certain riffs in songs and what-not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit