Come with me, back to the 1980s--you know want to.

by FlyingHighNow 82 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know about ya'll, but I did not appreciate the 1980s enough. I was too busy lamenting how different they were from the 1960s and 1970s to bask in and appreciate how wonderful they were.

This is 80s music, especially New Wave music, and 80s fashion and culture appreciation thread. What did you love about the 80s? Post your favorite music, movies, etc. Post a picture of yourselves.

I miss the 80s. I'd do it again. I was in my 20s and my kids were little.

I'll kick it off with The Thompson Twins. "So lay your hands--lay your hands on me!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYBHPYKeU1c

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My children and me circa 1985. Unfortunately, we were JWs at the time. We are visiting Stone Mountain Park in the Atlanta GA suburbs.

I'd sure raise these precious children much differently, if I was given the chance.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There were so many good teen movies during the 1980s.

Here is one of the best of them and one of the best vampire movies of all time. I got to take my grandson to a midnight showing of it in the past two or three years. It's amazing on the big screen. The soundtrack is phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WlON7r0m7E

• Zoos
    Zoos

80's were awesome. Graduated high school in 85. Not even the borg could ruin it for me. They may have screwed up my chances for higher education but that didn't prevent me from enjoying the hell out of high school.

I once received a Theo. School, #4 talk assignment on avoiding extra-curricular activities at school. I handed it back to the elder and told him I couldn't do it. I was in three extra-curricular activities and had no intention of backing out OR giving the talk.

But I digress...

PET SHOP BOYS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj5sbiW0I2I

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

The 80s were pretty fantastic! its hard to top some good ol' talking heads.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Going to work. Be back later. Love the pet shop boys and talking h eads.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Gorgeous picture of you and your kids. We were in our 30s, one little kid, having rough times, lived in a shack with no friends or money. Along comes jw's, scooped us right up. It was nice for awhile, having some fun with the instant friendships and ignoring the red flags that popped up nearly every week.

Movie from the 80s - Back To The Future! Also the book Jurassic Park, I remember reading it one rainy day, a big treat.

Marina

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I was born in the early 80s. Miss those years. Nintendo, Fraggle Rock and MTv. Favorite bands: Depeche Mode, the Cure and Tears for Fears. I remember watching the Thriller video and my mom saying how demonic it was haha!

• nugget
    nugget

I went to a Rock the 80s concert in the summer. A lot of the 80s UK bands were playing and people made an effort to dress up and dance along. It ended with Bananarama and Billy Ocean. Brought back loads of memories.

I am planning to go again next year. It was an awesome Saturday.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I grew up in the 90's and even I love the 80's. Its one of my favorite presets on my Sirius. The music was fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit